Friday, September 26, 2008

OC Triathalon

The OC Triathalon is this Sunday, Sept. 28. It's right at our Lake Mission Viejo. For more info on the race click here. Some of the roads around here will be closed. But won't affect us.

About 14 years I did this event. Although the course was differenct. I was on a team with 2 other members from my office. I did the bike. I think it was 17 miles then. We rode out to the end of Olympiad then to the entrance of Coto. There was nothing much out there at the time. I remember riding the route on a practice ride and riding through a swarm of bees. We did not live in MV at the time. Roger was so nice to let me borrow his street bike as all I had was a heavy mountain bike.

Our swimmer, Doug, was an Olympic water polo player. They won a medal but I don't remember what year it was in. Our runner was my good friend Henry. He was a great runner. Our team placed first in our bracket! It was a great experience.

I would love to do another tri, but not all on my own. Maybe a duathalon. I don't swim very well. A dual is run, bike, run.

We won't be able to see much, if any of the race. Evelyn has a horse show on Sunday, and has to be there before 8:30. Maybe we can see some of the early runners. If you click on the website, you can click on the link to the route.

I did go running this morning with Julie and conquered the Melinda hill. Yay! I felt great. I had not run for about 2 weeks. I was sick, knees hurt and I was tired. Maybe a little lazy too. But it was great to get back out there early in the morning and run. Julie is doing a 1/2 marathon in October. This weekend she and her race partner are doing a 10 mile run. I will have to miss that (bummer). I did get up to 6 with them and really want to do that again!

I got some stuff put away in the kitchen last night. Everything here is so incredibly dusty. This morning it is not agreeing with me. I am sneezing, have watery eyes, and kind of miserable. I took some allergy tabs and they have made me sleepy, so I am eating peanut butter. Not much else to eat and it sounded pretty good.

Enough gabbing. Back to work. I'll take pix this weekend. I'm also painting this weekend.

Good luck to all the athletes competing this weekend. Oh, can't forget the Race for the Cure! Good luck Michele! You will do awesome and I'll be thinking of you as you run your first 5K.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Tara Cross Beam said...

I am glad you are feeling better! Kudos to you for your running efforts! I am impressed and admire you!

Michele said...

You are so awesome! Sadly I am soooooo sick, I am going to miss running my first 5! :( I'm so sad, Jake is upset, but I can't breathe or move (or swallow) and I feel like death. We plan to run another race in honor of my Mom as soon as I'm well. I am so happy to hear all about the changes at your home...can't wait to see it AND YOU very soon!! xoxo