Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More progress, much more

Today was a big milestone here. The roof is done! Yes, done. Can't see it yet as it was dark when I finally got a chance to take some pictures.

The first coat of stucco went on, it's the scratch coat. Has to cure before the next coat can go on. Not sure when that will be. A day or so I guess.



The painters got here this evening as they wanted to start mudding and taping the drywall inside. Yes, inside! My new office is finally getting finished inside! There is a sheet of plastic draped over part of the big desk. They wanted to get it done this evening so it could dry and they could do more work tomorrow afternoon. Yep, that's right. Next coat goes on and the ceiling in the old office gets scrapped. Good bye ugly popcorn cottage cheese bumpy ceiling stuff. Good bye!

I have to find another temporary home for my work office now. Hmmm. Living room?


We are having the rest of the ceiling scrapped too. Might start on Friday. But not sure yet.


So close to getting done. I can't wait to see it when it's all done! But a lot of work to do still and more projects to get scheduled. I suppose this weekend will be spent packing up the rest of the house and taking things down from the walls. Oh what fun that is. But I know that in about 2 months it will all be done. At least that I what I am wishing for.

No comments: