
Just love the way it looks. Now I need to plant some more plants in front but not sure what to get yet.
This morning I heard this loud crash! Oh no. What now???
Oops, I forgot. There were 2 guys in the kitchen knocking down the cabinets. What? Yep, knocking down the cabinets, taking out the old appliances (except for the fridge) and hauling it all away. Why? Well, that would be "project K" for Kitchen. Yes, our new kitchen has begun. Perfect timing too! And, no we really didn't plan it that way, it just happened.

We figured it was time to replace the old kitchen that we have lived with for so many years, and the cabinets we painted ourselves so many years ago. By (hopefully) mid October we will be enjoying our new kitchen.


My favorite thing about the kitchen is the window. I love the view. I can look into the back yard and see through the fence and if I look to the left can see the mountains. There are no houses behind us. Just a very vegitated area with lots of plants, trees, wild animals and a nice walking path. The cabinets came down today. The new electrical will be done next week, drywall patched (then I will paint!) and the cabinets should start to be installed next Wednesday. Yippee!
So for now, our kitchen is boxed up somewhere in the garage and also in the family room.

the new pantry is here:
The temporary kitchen is here:
and we will be eating off paper and plastic for several weeks. I've been trying to plan meals we can cook in the toaster oven, microwave and bbq.
Our new appliances will come on Friday but will have to sit in the garage until they can be installed in several weeks. We need to still get a sink and faucet. Oh, I do like new things :)
K was a little confused with all that's going on today. First the electrician was inside hooking up the new lights in the office and the electrical outlets. then she was banned to the garage when the kitchen guys got here. It was easier for them to go out the side door and the gate rather than through the front door. I let K inside after they had covered up stuff. She decided to nap in the hall where she could keep an eye on things. After some loud banging she took up her guard dog position by me trying to keep an eye on things in the kitchen.

so, now the kitchen guys are off to another demo. The job took about 1 1/2 hours. Not too bad. They cleaned up, moved the table back in the kitchen, taped off the gas line to the stove and are on to the next job. I can check that detail off my kitchen timeline list.
This is the truck where everything was loaded up into and hauled away.
Work in progress

eew. This is what it looks like where the sink was. A little water dripped out of the lines.
This was where the stove was.
I hope none of Jax's rat buddies decide to crawl into this open vent and use it as a slide to get into the house. 
A mini preview of what's to come in the future. There will be a bench built below this window (upper photo). There will be drawers for storage. And in the lower photo, there will be a built in desk and shelves above it where the blue wall is.
Well, there you have it. A preview of what is going on now. We have to decide on a paint color for the kitchen. Need to paint the ceiling and the walls. Need to finish painting in the house. Need to get plants for outside. Need to finish up the kids rooms. Need to get flooring.
And we have a baseball tournament this weekend. Thankfully it's close by this time. 2 games on Saturday and Sunday's game (s) are determined on how we do on Saturday. Notice I say "we" rather than "they boys" as it really is a family event. Everyone involved. But it's fun. I/We enjoy it. :) Greg will have to miss his soccer game. But it was his decision and the coach already knows he will be gone.
Ok, it's lunch time. Oh, but I can't cook. At least on the stove and I don't feel like sparking up the bbq just yet. I think I deserve to get lunch some place. Hmmm. so many choices. I'm thinking enchiladas as we were talking about them last night. Or should it be a sandwich? Or a burger? Too many choices around here.




No comments:
Post a Comment