Monday, September 22, 2008

The weekend update.....

Another weekend where you wonder where it all went. But here is where it went:

Friday night, work on the house, watch a movie and fall asleep during the movie.

Saturday up early for an early dash to Henry's for snacks, etc... for the weekend. Off to Hunting Beach for the first of 2 games for the weekend baseball tournament. We have some new guys on the Sox and they did quite well too! Games were at 11 and 3. Back towards home with a stop at Miles' house to celebrate his 22nd birthday. Happy birthday Miles! (I first met Miles when he was only 5. That was my first introduction to Tom's family). Home to wash smelly uniform and crash exhausted on the couch.

Sunday: up early to get to church at 7 am, stop over at Bagels n' Brew for breakfast, then to HB by 9 am. Played 2 games and were back home before 5 on Sunday. I finished painting the living room and did some more touch ups. Also did a little painting in the kitchen. Finished up some laundry took a shower and went to bed early to read my book. but that didn't last long.

Oh, and gave the dog 2 tomato juice baths. Yup. dog v. skunk. Again. Skunk won. Again. Stinky silly dog. 1:38 am Saturday morning, I was jolted out of a deep sleep to that awful stench! Ugh. Like the darn thing was right in our room. Saw the dog rolling in the grass and knew right away what had happened. Silly dog. Gave her a tomato juice bath early Saturday morning and again Sunday afternoon. She still smells but not as bad. My guess is that she got hit in the head but it wasn't too bad. I also think the spraying happened on the patio as there were droplets all over the patio. Ugh. This morning she will get a regular bath to get the rest of the tomato juice out of her hair.
When will she ever learn that a skunk will always win. Silly stinky dog.


I'm waiting for the electricians to get here to do the electrical work in the kitchen. Tuesday is the drywall patching and Wednesday through Friday the cabinets will be installed! Can't wait. I am hoping that next weekend I can start to put things away in some of the cabinets. Our new appliances are in the garage. It will be several weeks before they are put in. It's another busy week for us, as typical. I hope to be able to finish up the kids rooms this week also. Hope to.

Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel so lazy when I read your posts!!!
Take care
Robin