The kids started back to school today.
Happy that the kids will be back together with all their friends and happy that the house will be quiet again.
Sad because I really miss them. I miss the noise in the house (other than the pounding that started around noon) I miss being with my kids. K misses her kids too. She looks sad today. :(
Normally I take photos by the front door. Well, couldn't do that today so found a new photo spot. Had to say please many times to get a quick chance for a picture.


Greg in 4th grade. Greg is thrilled to have the teacher he has. He knows the other boys in his class but none of his best friends are in his class. That is ok. He will see them at recess and lunch. Plus the kids switch teachers for reading and math groups. I am sure his buds will be in his reading or math group. Evelyn is in 6th grade which is middle school at our school. The classrooms (portables) are in "the village" The middle school building is in the process of being built so we will get to see it's progress through out the year. Evelyn is thrilled to have the homeroom teacher she has. None of her girl friends are in her homeroom class. She knows some of the girls. She seemed a bit sad but knows that homeroom is only for like 15 minutes a day. Then they switch for all their classes and Evelyn knows she will see more friends there. Also at recess and lunch. This is a good chance for Evelyn to make some new friends too.
Parents can go to the kids classes on the first day of school. School doesn't start until 8:30 so we had one more day of kinda sleepin in. we went to Greg's class first and he found his desk. Then to Evelyn's class with Greg coming along too. It was nice to see some of my mom friends again too and briefly catch up with people. I am closely watching my clock so I won't be late for pick up. Looking forward to a new and exciting (really??) school year.




No comments:
Post a Comment