Friday, September 12, 2008

More Updates

A quiet day on Thursday. And I needed a quiet day too. Wednesday was also quiet.

Here are a few updated photos.
This is the brown coat of stucco. It really looks gray. It is the second coat in a 3 coat process. Next is the stucco which should be done on Monday as this needs 7 days of dry time.

This is just a close up of the brown coat. It has these unknown fibers in it. Looks kind of cool. This is just a sampling of the dust we have to deal with. This is the inside of the front door. I did dust a little the other day but it's back. It's everywhere. I'm really not worried though. Things will just continue to get dustier.
This photo was to show the new texture on the ceiling. It's the corner of the kitchen wall and a wall in the family room. The blue in the kitchen will be painted over in a few weeks. The blue wall in the family room will stay there to keep some color in the room. There was a beam that went across the ceiling in the opening between the kitchen and family room. It's gone now. Had to do some patch work.
Moving onto my favorite room at the moment. Although it is not done yet, I do like it. This is just a corner where I tried my best to get a photo of the ceiling and the walls. Even the floor. The walls are Navajo White, the ceiling is Swiss Coffee (no not Chai Tea Latte) The walls in the rest of the house (except bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen) will be Navajo White.


This is the new floor in the office. No, not really. But it is the new concrete, splattered with mold compound (used in the drywall process) and splattered primer and paint. Just add some dirty foot prints and it's good as new!

My friendly favorite painters look like they are finishing up the rest of the ceiling. Went fast with 4 of them. Normally there are 2 but they brought 2 friends. Sanded, primed, caulked, painted. Just about done! Went so much faster than Tom and I could have. Plus they know how to do it. We would have learned on the job, that is getting the sanding right, the caulking straight, etc... At least we don't really have to worry about the flooring. yet.

This weekend I hope we can get the rest of the walls painted. Also need to touch up the kids rooms. They are anxious to get their rooms back in order. Me too. That will hopefully free up a few boxes of stuff stashed in the garage. We need the boxes to pack up more stuff.

Thankfully Julie offered to pick up my kids from school. I feel like yuck. I did run 4 miles with Julie early this morning. I was ok the first and then felt like I was going to barf. My head has been pounding for close to a week and now my stomach is feeling yuck. this happens every few months or so and why my head chose this week to do this, well, who really knows.

Weekend plans:

Saturday: soccer game in morning, church festival in the afternoon/evening

Sunday: baseball practice morning, afternoon soccer game, fit in painting somewhere.

Have a fun and save weekend everyone. Thanks for all your nice comments. I love reading them.

2 comments:

Tara Cross Beam said...

Ooooo it is looking awesome!!!

Michele said...

It lokos AMAZING!!! I hope you are feeling better this week!! :)