When you have had a day like mine.
Started off with an early morning 3.1 mile run around the beautiful lake.
Back home to take the dog for a walk, and it's up hills too.
Then, I can no longer spin in my chair from my lap top to the printer to the desk top. I have to get up, walk a few steps and then get to something.
Trip to Home Depot next. Those 47 lb boxes of joint compound sure make a great arm work out. Then try pushing a cart with 6 of them (282 lbs) plus 2 large boxes of plastic, masking tape and drywall tape, not to mention a 10 year old son who asks "Does the cart feel lighter when I ride on it while you push?" Dah, what do you think. Oh no, now it's over 300 lbs! How about I ride on the cart and you push! Great strengthening exercise. Not to mention, I have to unload these boxes from my car and carry them into the garage. Oh vey!
Later in the day, we hit the sauna for about 30 minutes. The black asphalt stand in line at the recycling center sauna. Our turn, and it was time for the squats and arm curls putting those bags upon bags of recyclables in the machine so the kids could earn some money.
Back home to another sauna stint. It was hot and I couldn't really turn on the air. The office was all enclosed in plastic earlier in the day. Now it was closed up, hot and smelly. Time to get to the mall for some power walking.
Got some cute shoes at Vans, endured a mind over matter mental battle with a teenage punk employee at the game store, scarfed down a almost hard as a rock piece of pizza (lunch consisted on an In n' Out cheeseburger and other than breakfast that was all I had eaten) then a power walk from one end of the mall to the other where we were parked with a Crate & Barrel table in a bag stylishly slung over my shoulder.
One more trip to Home Depot to power lift packing boxes.
Back home to the sauna to start packing. That's an overall body work out.
So, I got quite the work out today. Think I deserved that very small scoop of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. There was hardly any left and I was nice and split it with the son.
This afternoon the nice guy who is doing a great job on the drywall and who got rid of the yucky cottage popcorn cheese in the office said he will start on the rest of the house Saturday. Yeah! This means packing up things. Although the entire room/house will be draped in plastic it is still very dusty. Ugh. I am glad I did not vacuum the carpet today. Or dust the house like I had intended to do.
I really had to spend some quality time with other things I have been neglecting,like the mail and bills. So, this means no sleeping in and getting up early to pack up the family room stuff before 9 am. If there is time, I will pull out stuff from the closets so those can be done too. If I can't get to it, then the closets will have to wait. And Greg has a soccer game in the afternoon.
Tom and Evelyn sure picked a great weekend to go to Catalina.
If you would like to work out with me, come on by. The gym is open. But let me know you are going to be here so I can dust and vacuum first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Truly enspiring! Jim and I have opted to walk the dogs down to Starbucks this morning. Does that count? Good luck with everything.
I am worn out just reading your workout schedule!
Love your shoes!!!!
Post a Comment