Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Updates, and many of them


Life has just been crazy busy and that's why I haven't been around much. I have so many emails and stuff to do but there are other priorities.


Evelyn spent some time at a beach house in Oceanside last week with her bff and family. They had such a great time at the beach.


We were all there on Sunday. Then Evelyn went back a few days. Greg had fun in the waves too. I had my camera on some other setting and the pictures came out very light. Didn't know this till I looked at the photos later.

House. Tuesday the new roof was started. Inspector was here on Tuesday morning to inspect the drywal nailing and the building paper and chicken wire on the side of the house. The roof should be done today. Scratch and lath and then final coat for the stucco. Drywall taping, mud and final finish inside.

The front of the house sure has changed. I just love it! Our neighbor says it looks lovely.

This is the chicken wire over the building paper. I just thought it looked kinda neat as a photo.



This is Evelyn's room It was hard to get a good picture. Her room is done in stripes. It looks so cool! A lighter blue with darker blue stripes.

I did some painting inside, hall and entry. Need to still do the family room and living room. But big furniture to move and things to box up and ran out of boxes.
Sunday, mom mom and Evelyn and I headed to the Valley to visit with my cousin and her family. Her youngest is a year older than Evelyn and the girls get along so great. The baked cookies, chatted, did each other's hair and made lots and lots of plans. We will see them again in October at our family reunion. We had a great visit with them :)
Monday, hung out and did some things around the house and got ready for school. Then headed to a bbq with family and chilled out for awhile.

Running and boot camp. I finished up 2 weeks of boot camp last Friday. I will miss it. But still running. I ran 6.2 miles Saturday in San Clemente. The last 2 were along the path along the beach. I have the best running friends! Monday I ran a 5K (3.1 miles) in RSM. Julie and I ran. My time was 30:40 (30 min, 40 sec) It's been so long since I last ran a 5K that I can't remember my last time. But this time was pretty good. I couldn't figure out where the finish was and probably could have gotten close to 30 minutes or below if I knew. Oh well, there is always next time.




Julie's husband was at the race and got some photos of us. He must have done some great editing because they really don't look that bad. I was wondering what I looked like running, all sweaty and smelly and out of breath.


Tuesday, Julie and I ran the lake at 5:30 am. We made pretty good time too. I was going to run this morning but when the alarm went off, my body refused to get out of bed. Maybe I will run tonight.
First day of school went great. When I picked up the kids they were non stop chatting about this and that and the power went out and this person and that person and teachers and need this and that and you have to read this and fill this out. Oh, information over load! We went to TJ's to stock up on cereal and other must haves. Dashed home to unload groceries, have a snack and get ready for the rest of the day. Oh, the fun just never stops does it. But why should it.

Greg had his first soccer practice Tuesday. A buddy in his class is on his team! Awesome. The boys all seemd to get along and play really well together. First game is Saturday.

Mucho things to do still today. I am counting down the weeks and days until the work is all done around here. I can't wait to see the final results and get things put away again. We are running out of room in the garage! But one day at a time or my brain will totally explode. Don't need that happening now do we.
See the picture of the monkey guy. Cute, ain't she. Greg picked it out at Kohl's and it was in his back pack. Don't need to be taking that monkey to school. I guess that could be a likeness of me? Hanging on by a veggie peeler?
Hey, it's Wednesday, and as Michele says, hump day. So Happy Hump Day and enjoy the rest of your week.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I am so happy with all that you're accomplishing (around the house and with your running!!) Making friends through exercise is awesome too and I am so glad you are having fun!! Happy Hump Day!! :)