Wednesday, September 24, 2008

cabinets, surveys, smelly dog and rearrangeing

Well, the new cabinets are here. They are being unloaded. And a person who I think is the installer just rolled up. Time to get busy! Stinky dog has to be banned to the garage, again. I think she's getting used to it. The easiest way to get in and out of the kitchen is to go through the slider in the family room and out the gate. Later, I'll let stinky in to sit with me in the office. As right now the front door is also open to allow for cabinets to be rolled in that way.

Yes, K still stinks. Silly dog.

Surveys. Lately it seems like every time I get a receipt there is an invitation to take a survey. Even the teeny tiny purchase I made at Target the other day gave me a receipt with an invitation to take a survey. Last night I was searching for something in my wallet and I dug out the wad of receipts I had in there. I piled all the ones with surveys and was busy doing surveys this morning. (OH please pick me. Please!!) It would be nice to get that $5,000 Home Depot gift card right about now. Or that $5,000 Target card. Even the PS3 from Game Stop. I'll take it, whatever it is!

Back to kitchen. Well, we had to do some quick re-arranging again. These cabinets are big and need some place to put them and room to move them in. Piano is in the living room as is the kitchen table. Guess what, the fridge has found a nice cozy spot to be for a few days. This means, my living room which was put back, dusted and painted, is now a gathering site for all things that need a temp home. Ugh. Oh well, on the bright side, the cabinets are going in today. The installer says that he wants to be able to get them done today! Today! No water for awhile as the water line to the fridge is leaking and needs to be fixed. Plumber has been called.

I hear a power tool. I won't peek in just yet. But I did see the cabinets. Love the color!

Updates since I hit "publish post"

It's been a 3 ring circus here with me as the ring leader. Had to call a plumber. Water line for fridge - no good. Plumber got here much earlier than expected. Good. He did a temp fix so the water is back on now. Good. Had to run back to the shop to get the supplies he needs to install the line the correct way so we won't have a problem again. Oh these 30 year old homes! Also appears some other lines need to be replaced. But would rather do that now than after the cabinets are in and the new floor.

Gardners came and went. At that time it was crazy. Poor K. She does not like the noisy gardners a it is. She is inside with me and I have the doorway to the house where the work is being done blocked off with the coffee table. She is now fine with the cabinet installer and the plumber. Poor dog just looks so confused. She has plopped herself where she can see most of what's going on. Good guard dog.

Oh do my cabinets look so beautiful! I can't wait to see how the look all installed! I do kind of like the fridge in the living room. It's easier to access from the office (lazy me) and I'm sure the kids will just think it's the best thing ever when they get home from school. School. Not looking forward to the loads of homework Evelyn has been bringing home. Not good.

Floor guy postponed until tomorrow. Good. One less thing to worry about.

El Torito for dinner tonight. Kids eat freeeeee on Wednesday. I can do that. Tom will meet us. Can't wait till he gets to see the cabinets. Oh, plumber is back. Yippee.



2 comments:

Tara Cross Beam said...

Your post is cracking me up! I can SO relate to your day!!! When we remodeled our kitchen and had the leak in our home....I can't wait to see your pictures!! What color of cabinets did you pick out?

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see the photos of your cabinets!