Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gorgeous I tell you

That would be the office. It's gorgeous I tell you. The painters were here again Tuesday to finish up painting the office. Just the office was sealed off with plastic. The ceiling sanded, primed, painted and the walls painted. Lookin' good!


Miguel stopped by to check on things in the morning. I do believe by the end of next week we will be finished! But we still need to floor done so I'm not putting things back just yet.

Also, everything is very very dusty. I mean very dusty. I wiped down part of the office with a damp cloth this morning. I can see that I need to do it again. In fact, the entire house needs it. But I'm just not ready to do that yet. We still have more work to be done in more parts of the house.


I got a run down on how to sand the ceilings, paint, caulk and paint walls yesterday. But as the day went on was wondering if I really had the time to do it all. I do like to paint, but...... You have to sand in the same direction, just the right amount of pressure..... oh boy. Tom loves the way the inside of the office looks and agrees that we should hire our friendly painters back to do the ceiling. We can do the walls. I hope they want to come back to work on their own time, as we sure have put them through a lot lately.



I'll get pictures when I have more natural light in here. No bulbs in the new lights and too many shadows.



And you know, a funny thing happened to me on the way to work yesterday. Well, I really don't commute to work as I work at home. But it was still funny, in a not really funny way but only to me because I find that I just need to laugh at every situation these days.


Tom calls to tell me he has my car keys in his pocket. He is at work. Where are my other keys??? Well, those would be in my locked car which is parked on the street. Why in the car? Well, because last night I was tired and only thought to get out my purse and laptop from the car. And, why did you take my spare keys to work. He does not know. No problem, I'll call the roadside service folks that I have for the car.



The first question I am asked is if I am safe and out of harms way. Ummm, yes for the time being. I give the low down about where my keys are. They are very helpful. An hour later I hear a truck pull up out front. And the phone rings. It is a recording to let me know my friendly roadside service guy is here to help me out.



I go outside as he is getting out jumper cables. Ok I think. Some new way to open up a locked door? Attach it to the battery and burn a hole through the door? So, he says, "if you will pop the hood I'll get the battery started" Well, I say "If you want to jump the battery, you have to get the keys out of my locked car first" Hmmmm? He was told my car had a dead battery. But no problem. Out comes the slim jim and some other tool and in a matter of seconds he was had my car unlocked. Amazing. I'm glad he had a sense of humor.



But before that, he wanted to be reassured that my keys were in the car. I said, of course they are, see there, under the sunglasses, pen, piece of paper and other stuff, that silver thing, that's the key. And that's right where they were. Right where I put them so I would not forget to take them out of the car.

Another floor guy just left. We just wanted another estimate. I'm so ready to set up the new office. But I will admit, the paint splotched cement floor really does not look that bad.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

N - that is such a funny "locked the keys in the car" story. As for the dust, I hate to even say this out loud. For those of us that have been through the process, the dust doesn't really settle for a couple of weeks. No kidding! I don't know where it comes from, but it just keeps coming. So get your swifter box ready and you'll be quite a pro by the end of the 2 or so weeks. Thoughtfully, M