Thursday, September 4, 2008

Gump gets Dumped

Well, it has to happen sometime. And today was the day. Actually the second time. I'm not talking about Forest, Forest Gump. I'm talking about Andy, Andy Gump. The lovely bathroom addition that sits in my driveway. And by the way, the kids decided it would make a good hiding place yesterday evening when they were playing hide and seek. Ewww!

I was sitting in the office with the window wide open. Enjoying the nice warm summer breeze blowing through and swatting off the flies. I hear a noise. Hark. Who is it now. Sqeeky brakes and a truck pulls up in front of the house. Oh, this again. Plug your noses!


This guy hops out, gloves up, pulls out this long hose and goes to work dumping the gump. Only took about a minute or so. Puts away the hose and off he goes.


I did manage to snap a photo with my secret spy telephoto lense. I was somewhat shy about taking these pictures.



The Gump Dump truck.

And update pix, taken in the day light. I just love all the new space in here. It echos when I type on the key board. K had fun sniffing around and putting her nose out the window.


This is the office drapped in plastic. My work sapce has moved from the nice big desk to a small little space in the corner by the lamp. I know it's only temporary.
This is the front of the house in the day light.
And this is the new roof. I had to stand in the neighbors driveway to get this photo. I love the line of the new roof. It totally changes the front of the house.


It's hard to tell the difference between the old and new roof material and that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how beautiful the addition is!!! ALSO, I cannot believe the progress in this short amount of time.
xoxo
Robin