Monday, September 15, 2008

Painting, Moving, Dusting

Sunday was spent painting, moving most of the furniture back and dusting, really really dusting. And vacuuming too.
I painted the family room and used the tips I got from our friendly painters. I did a pretty good job if I don't say so myself. Can't wait to show them how I did. I still have to touch up the blue wall but wanted to get the furniture moved back into place.
Tom vacuumed off the couch and in the corners, etc.... Trying to get all that ceiling dust, and there's a lot of it.
I painted the 2 high walls in the living room and started on the other wall. We need to move the tv, etc.. on that wall before it can be painted. Tom will move the furniture back tonight. I dusted what I could. It will be nice to have the furniture back. Nice to have a place to sit too :) I'm sure K will enjoy having her couch back. Silly dog.
I also did some touch ups in the entry and part of the hall. I was getting tired and just couldn't get to it all. The touch up's won't take as long as painting walls. It's something that can easily be done in the evening too.
Still need to paint the kitchen, touch up a wall in the fam room and living room and the bedrooms. It's getting there.
Saturday I felt awful even though I slept pretty good Friday night. I did make it to Greg's soccer game. They won again 5 - 1 and Greg scored again. I opted to stay home from the church festival, but went in time for the final raffle drawings (darn.... no new car or tv for us) and stayed for church. Greg and I came home and curled up in my bed to watch Surf's Up. Well, I think I lasted 10 minutes before I was asleep. Tom stayed to help clean up and Evy went to her friends for an un-sleep over.
Sunday, Greg's team had another soccer game. This one was quite a soccer match. They came from behind to win 3 - 2. One of Greg's friends from his baseball team was on the other team. And another friend from his baseball team played in the game before Greg's.
I am feeling better, but still tired. I had to get those walls painted though. It was getting close to crunch time. Later this week I will make another trip to HD to return some unused cans of paint, buy more for the kitchen and get some other items that we need. It's funny when you have to actually schedule in trips to the stores. Ugh. Busy schedule.
Waiting for the plaster guys to show up. I hope they make it by today. More than anything right now, I really want to clean my window. I want to look out a nice clean window. I also want to put the screen on so I can open the window and not have flies come in. Really, I don't ask for much. Oh, and since I'm asking, can someone fold the laundry too? And finish painting for me?
Have a great week!!!

No comments: