Because it looks like something from a Twilight Zone episode inside. This was Saturday. We had the ceilings scrapped. All that yucky stuff. Whew. It's done (almost)
So, the guys show up about 9:30. I was so thankful for the extra 1/2 hour. I was still packing. While I was moving boxes they were taping up plastic. I got Greg out of the house, got my clothes changed and was out of the house. There was plastic everywhere. I do mean everywhere but for the ceiling. Plastic covered the door ways, with just a little space to squeeze through.
Greg hung out at the neighbors while I went to the bank and then to Starbucks for my venti iced chai non fat latte, please. Oh heaven! I could have drank 5 of them.
And this is what I did the rest of the day.
Go early to Greg's soccer game. Chat with the coach, sit in the shade and make some phone calls, read a book and start to fall asleep. Cheer on the team (won 7 - 0 and Greg scored a goal.)Greg played my favorite soccer position, mid defender or sweeper, last in line before the goalie. He smiled when I told him that was my soccer career position :) Greg played left forward the 2nd half and although the coach told the guys not to score any more goals (5 - 0 at half time) Greg couldn't resist.
After the game, go home to check on the house. Wow! What a mess but making progress. Leave Greg at the neighbors and go to Home Depot, again, for more plastic and tape, oh and paint, unload into garage. Then go to the store to order interior doors. Find out I need to get more info and can't order today. Drive to gas station and get gas, drive around for awhile and sit in a parking lot staring at nothing. (I was tired)
Go home and peek inside again. Wow! Wish I could have taken a picture.
Check on Greg. He is doing fine with out me.
Sit in back yard with dog, start to read but start to fall asleep instead.
Do some gardening.

Wash fake plants with the hose

Take a picture of my cool new shoe

Take a picture of the dog laying at the gate

Read some more
Make some calls
Try to peek through the windows to see what it looks like inside
Scratch the dog
Hook up the rainbow sprinkler and watch it water the grass.

Watch the kids run through the sprinkler
Pick apples from apple tree
Not this one!
Eat dinner with neighbors (thank you !!!)
Check in with workers, see if they want me to get them dinner but they are fine and almost done
Hang out at neighbors and try not to fall asleep on the couch. Thanks again for our unexpected drop in and hang out with you day :)
Talk with workers when they are done (8 pm) and thank them over and over and over for their hard work. Seriously, they did a great job and worked a long day. Figure out what time they will be here on Monday to finish.
Have a short lived panic attack.
Watch Greg climb into the Wii throne and play his video games.

Watch dog try to figure out how to get onto her couch even though other furniture is piled on it and then opt to lay as close to a couch as she can.

Vacuum up the stuff that didn't get picked up in the plastic.
Drink half a bottle of wine (not all at once!)
Crawl into bed and watch TV and fall asleep without brushing teeth.
Sound fun? Well, I just kept praying to get through this day. One day at a time. I know pretty soon it will all be over. I do know.
Like I told Traci, it's like packing up your house to move but you don't move. It all has to go in the garage only to be unpacked again. Stay tuned for our garage sale!!
But the ceiling looks great. It's all scraped and taped and mudded. Monday some finishing touches as I see some old tape coming off. It will be sanded and the texture coat put on. Oh, and the house will be draped in plastic again. I plan to work elsewhere.
This is what the hall looks like. Pretty cool huh. I typed up this post Sunday night. I am tired. It's late and I must be up early. I ran tonight and it was great. Tom and Evy had a great time and are tired, as usual. Greg's friend came over and I was so thankful. They planned this out at church this morning. I plan to post the pix I took early Monday and get this posted Monday. (and here you have it)
Thanks for hanging out on our journey. When all is said and done, I will do a very happy dance and want to have a party. when it's all done. And again, I am so happy with the quality of work that we are getting. If you are in the need of any work, let me know and I'll hook you up with Miguel. Chai tea latte :)




2 comments:
Wow what an exhausting day! Reminds me of when we got new carpet and had to pack everything up and put it either in the kitchen, bathroom or outside. Like you said it is like packing to move and then not packing.
Can't wait to see it when it's all finished!
Your blog post makes me want to crawl in a hole and hide!! :( You poor thing.....slow down my friend or you are gonna crack!! If you need anything, just call me!! :)
Post a Comment