
Ok, Ok. I have to keep my sense of humor here. But, it is easy to clean - because I don't have to. I heard a truck rumble up on Thursday. Hmmm? What now? Oh, Andy is here. Andy Gump that is. No worries, it's all part of the transition. And if I was worried about it, well, I don't know what I would be doing. Just going with the flow, so to speak.
This is the end of day Thursday.
Friday afternoon, the house looks like this. Love it. I love the way the front looks. I try to picture the end result and almost can. The inside wall is down and we have a big piece of plastic to protect the rest of the office from the new space. The furniture is all back and it's cramped, but only temporary.

This weekend was hectic. With a capital H. Saturday morning Evelyn and I finished getting her room ready to paint. Moved the furniture in the center of the room and boxed up "stuff". I got Evelyn off to Marissas as she was headed to Oceanside with the family. Then the painting began. Oh, talk about sore arms!
In between coats of paint I did some yard work. Dug up the big hibiscus near the front door (looks so much better now) transplanted some plants to fill in the gap and re-planted the hibiscus in the back yard. Finished painting in Evelyn's room and ran out of paint.
Tom did what he could in the garage to get some order in there. We have paths going through all the boxes.
Sunday, before church, Greg and I headed to Home Depot for more paint and other supplies. After church, we headed to Anaheim to meet with the floor guy and pick out flooring, etc... From there we drove to Oceanside to get Evelyn. We hung out at the beach and Greg also had a great time riding the waves. We stayed for dinner and then headed home. It was nice to just sit on the beach for a while and relax. And then to have dinner on the roof top patio and watch the sun start to set over the ocean :) Thanks for having Evelyn and us :)
Monday was quiet. It was a nice break. But I did get a call earlier this morning for the schedule for the next project. 9-18-08 is the projected date. Coming up fast.
Monday night I finished painting Evelyn's room. It looks cool! Now just to get her furniture back and get her room functional again. At least she can get to her dresser and closet.
When we got home this afternoon, all was quiet. The electrical is finished and the insulation is inside the walls. I think the roofer will start on Wednesday. (note: I had a great relaxing afternoon at the beach while the kids tired themselves out in the waves. I feel so much better)
And of course, if you are a 10 year old boy who should be living on 50 acres of wooded farm land but instead are living in the city near a wooded area but your mom won't let you play there becuase there are coyotes there and who knows what else, but you have lots of wood scraps in your front yard, what do you do with it? Well, first of all, your mom confirms it's ok to use the scrap wood and helps you dig it from the trash trailer (Thursday) . And she also asks the guys to save it for you (Friday) and they do. You then toss all the wood over the side fence and proceed to build this ultra cool fort in your own back yard. Complete with floor and ceiling. And completed after this photo was taken, a cool walk way and fence and also 2 plant areas. And your mom even let you dig up some of the transplanted plants to plant in your planter area. And she even planted some more for you when you were busy doing other things. And you get to hang out there all weekend. And the neighbors don't care that part of it sticks over into their back yard because they are really cool neighbors. 
And when you have a friend sleep over you are cool enough to invite your sister too, and the 3 of you sit out in the fort with a lantern and flashlights and a lot of snacks and chat and chat about stuff.




2 comments:
Greg looks like he is having fun! Lovin' the Andy Gump!!! Too funny! Your office will be awesome....any extra room for scraping? Love-Tara
I love it!!!! :)
Post a Comment