
Then I had to move the plants to here

Then, the day before we left for vacation it looked like this

And it stayed like this until the day we got home from vacation. And when we arrived we saw this


Because of this

and here it is again

Why? What? Ok, ok. Maybe you have guessed it. It is time for an overhaul of our home. There are many things on "the list" and this is the first thing that is happening. Like I said, a lot of waiting. We are adding onto our office. I work here, the kids computer is here, our home computer and stuff is here. There is no more room. None. It's cramped and crowded and always a mess. No matter how hard I try to keep it clean, it just doesn't happen. So, we decided to expand. More room!
I have big ideas for this room too. Oh, I am sure it will be nice.
There are many other things on "the list" too but one thing at a time. Maybe 2 or 3 down the road. But this is the start. And now I need to get busy and call the flooring guy back and the painter, etc... Big list.
So I will keep you updated on our progress. One inspector came by this morning. Then the workers. They had some more work to do and moved the pile of dirt and the lumber. Now the car can get out of the garage.
And speaking of the garage. Not only do we still have the furniture from Greg's room there, as well as other stuff. But this afternoon I finally focused and convinced Evelyn to help me out and started to pack up the office. The book shelf is empty and the desk is, but for Tom's stuff. It all needs to be moved to take out the existing wall and put up a temp wall while the rest of the room is completed. so, those boxes are in the garage. Want to keep the house clear of them.
The next inspection should be on Friday. (crossing fingers) and then the foundation poured Monday, inspected, then the framing starts. Maybe by the end of next week we will have what looks like a room.
So, that was the big thing I was mentioning. I just didn't want to actually say something until the work was already started. I sure can't wait till it's all done. The on to the next items on the list and hopefully in a few months my house will be all done and nice and new.




2 comments:
How exciting for you!! I know how long you have wanted to do that....yea!!! :) Welcome home, glad you all had a great time!
Hooray....let the fun begin!
Post a Comment