Friday, August 1, 2008

A whole lotta stuff going on

It's almost vacation time. And it's always a busy time right before. The kids have their clothes out. Just need to toss them in a suitcase. I have to pack mine still and Tom can pack in about 2 minutes.
Besides packing, I have had to move these plants

to this location. They don't like it there very much but it is just temporary. Too sunny for the hydrangeas.


I also had to move out the benches and bistro table and chairs to leave an empty boring courtyard. I have been trying to transform it into a nice comfy court yard with lots of blooming flowers and greenery. I like color and greenery. The stuff is not yet moved in this picture so it now looks even more boring than that. The kids have been moving the garden stakes all around and leaving them in different places.



I have some more things checked off "the list" and hopefully more when we get back. And hopefully then I can let you all in on what I have been listing and checking and waiting in limbo about.


That list also included exchanging the spur straps that Evelyn originally got for her birthday. They were too small. They were plain leather but she still liked them. So, off to Boot Barn (it is a fun store) and our choices were hide or these.

Well, it's not too hard to figure out what our 12 year old picked out. I do admit they look good with the spurs. I hope you can see the bling when she wears them. I have been trying all day to get the spurs on them. I may just have to take them along on our car ride and work on it all the way to Yosemite.
But I think they will look nice when I get them all put together I just hope I don't do it backwards like I did the last time. ugh.

Also on that list was getting birthday presents for Greg. He will be 10 (TEN) yikes. On that day we will be breaking camp in Yosemite and headed to Oregon. Greg will have another adventure on his birthday. One year we were in Cambria for a wedding and went to Hearst Castle on his birthday. Evelyn and I did find gifts. Greg has changed his mind so many times that I hope we got what he wants. I will do my best to hide them in the car and keep them hidden from that sneaky kid until then.

Off to check my list again. This time for the trip. We head out for Yosemite and then to Oregon to visit my dad. Then back home in time for another base ball tournament in Chino Hills.


Oh, update on the San Diego tournament. We played 5 games - 2 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday and 1 Monday morning. Greg pitched 99 pitches on Sunday. pitched in 2 games. He got knocked really hard in the shin by a line drive to him when he was pitching. Knocked him over and brought a lot of tears to his eyes. He was down for awhile but then back up and pitching with a furry. He limped the rest of the weekend. Monday morning he woke up with a sore arm but still played another great game. These tournaments are a lot of fun. A lot of down time before and in between games but us parents have it down now. We know who brings what to keep the boys hydrated during and between games and fed with protein and carbs in between games. The girls also have fun keeping each other busy during the games.

Here is Greg at bat. He had some pretty good hits this time. Getting that power swing back. Don' t know what happened to make him loose it.
Trying to get the pick off at first.
Typical uniform. And most games his pants are dirty before the game even starts. And you should see the front of him too. As one dad said, he Kissed the base sliding back into second to avoid the pick off.
Here is his funny pitcher face. He makes so many different faces while he is playing. This is a pitch before Greg got hit. So this is not a painful wince face.

We play here in August. Then I think it's break time for a month or so as some players (us included) will start playing soccer. But there may be a Friday night league starting up in September. Travel Ball. It's an experience. It's fun.


We are headed to the lake tonight to see the Bee Movie. Going with the Strauss family. Greg is over there now. He doesn't want to come home. Maybe Julie has taught him some more of her great cooking techniques. I sure hope so as that girl can cook! And she has 4 great kids.


TTFN as I am off to pack my clothes and do some more laundry. Oh vey! The fun just keeps on coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got it!!! You are getting a pool!
Have a great vacation
xoxo
Robin