If you are guessing 4 of the dwarfs, you are right. But this is not about the dwarfs. Or Snow White. I am sleepy. I am sneezy. I went to the doc. And I tend to be grumpy. I am sick. Blah! Sick.
Started Friday with what I thought was allergies due to the dust in my house. Dust everywhere!. Well, that continued on through the weekend as I spent most of the weekend asleep on the couch being very sneezy, stuffy and sleepy and grumpy at times. Monday not feeling well and spent most of the day on the couch. Tuesday went to the doc who gave me antibiotics and nasal spray for my congestion. Spent most of the day on the couch.
Today is Wednesday. I am feeling better but by no means all better. I am still stuffy and sleepy. Not quite as grumpy. I cough when I say more then 5 words in a row. I have gone through most of the kleenex in the house. So, no, it's not fun.
I managed to get to the bank and get my nails done this morning. I tried my best not to breathe and speak. I've been trying to get through some work that never ends, even when I am sick or on vacation. Just my type of job. But, it's noon and I told my self that I am taking a break. I really don't have an appetite and feel a little sick to my stomach from the antibiotics. But I do have to eat a little something.
I have been enjoying watching a lot of shows I record and rarely get to watch. Did you know the average American eats 32 pounds of cheese a year? Yes, it's true. You can see for yourself here. An alternative to cheese is hummus and avocado. I love both!
Thankfully, it's been quiet with the house. The counter template was made on Monday. The new microwave installed Tuesday. Counter should be ready on 10-10. Yay! I have unpacked a few more boxes in the kitchen. I'm getting there. Some stuff can not be put away yet as it goes under the counter and will get dirty and dusty. Well, I know the dishwasher will be put to good use cleaning all the dishes!
I have so much to do, it's just crazy! Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get some things done that I was planning on doing last weekend. It's crazy!
Stay well everyone! Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.
And Michele, get yourself better too! Stay in bed and get plenty of rest so you get healthy again.
Go Angels!!!
Go Dodgers!!!
Oh, and check this out. These gals are just awesome! I miss running on the weekends with them. Good luck Julie and Joanne!!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
OK, I'm totally gonna sound like a mom, but you need to rest and SLOW down too!! We are both sick because we try and do it all. Well guess what? We have husbands and children at the perfect age to help, so we need to let them...or ask them :) You don't have to be the one to do the all the dishes, dusting, painting, moving and packing and unpacking and cleaning, or putting all of the things away each day (all the while working full time and being in charge of the kids too) Please get lots of rest my friend!! You are an AMAZING person and we all want AND need you well....fast! :) HUGS!!
Hey - Thanks for sharing the link of substitutes. But can I tell you that Stevia is awful tasting. We've tried. Found it at Mother's Market. Yuck! Feel better!
I agree with Michelle - you've been um, what are all the cliches - burning the candle at both ends, draining the well, overtaxing yourself. Your body is forcing you to slow down! Take good care of yourself and holler if you need a hand!
Ok, OK. I know. Slow down. And I am, I have been. Very much so.
I unpacked a few very small boxes. It took really no energy. Tom did vacum up Evelyn's room over the weekend. I have been resting. It's just hard to sit still. You know how us moms are. But I'm starting to feel better.
thanks gals :)
Naomi.....Your poor body is run down. Your mind tells you to "speed up" but the body is saying "Whoa Nelly".
I am glad to know you are resting....
Take Care-Tara
Post a Comment