You must read it. It's a great book. Read it for my book club. I didn't want to get sucked into another series of books as I have others I am trying to get through before I turn 80. But I can't wait to get absorbed in the rest of this series. I can't wait to see the movie.
Check out http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ to see more.
I really can't believe I read all those books this year! I finish one, and pick up another. I could read 20 hours a day if I had the time.
Greg told me one day, as I was reading (waiting for his soccer game to start), "all you do all day is sit at the computer or read". well, I thought before I spoke, it's true. So, I replied "young observant son, yes I really do sit at the computer all day. And I do read. I work all day and my work is mainly on the computer. I do read when I get a chance as I LOVE to read. Maybe you should read more. You like to read and you are a good reader. AND, I do more than just sit at the computer and read. I do laundry, I take you places, I clean house, I cook, blah blah blah....." I had lost him by then. I hope I got my point across, especially about reading more. (and like Julie says, oh, I also sit and eat bon bons all day - or maybe just cookies)
Now take Evelyn. Miss I don't like to read. Well, she is so engrossed in her books this year. It's great. Middle school (at our school) doesn't have to do the reading counts program the lower grades have to do. This means Evelyn can read books she wants to. The ones she liked were not always on reading counts. The kids have to do a big book report each tri mester. And I do mean a big book report. This one involves making a movie poster, writing reviews like the movie (book) is being reviewed in the newspaper and a whole list of other things. We should have already started and by golly, I think we will today.
If you have a few days to spare, pick up Twilight and start. Some gals read it in a day. I could have if I had a day to devote to reading. I started Friday and finished the last 20 pages this morning. I normally am not interested in this subject matter, but.... This one sucked me in.
Bye now. Have a great day. Happy reading :)
My phone lines are now fixed. Guess I better get to the phone. One other thing I do all day. If my cough would just go totally away, it would all be better.
Oh, I did say Bye now, and this time I really do mean it :)
Chai tea latte!!
We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
— Thornton Wilder
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
The only thing I do all day is sit at the computer, watch tv and also eat bon bons!!!!
xoxo
Robin
Great! Another follower of Twilight. I have a few other friends who are on the Twilight train. I have a feeling I'm going to get "sucked" (no pun intended) into this series. Oh joy!
"Sucked in" I get it. Ba ha ha ha.
OK I'll start the book. Since it's the thing to do. Perfect Halloween book!
Katelyn and I are reading "Twilight" too. We want to get it done before the movie comes out.
Post a Comment