Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

Halloween was a bit different this year. Let's back up to a few days before Halloween. Wednesday night, late, Greg comes in and wakes me up telling me he does not feel well. He didn't look well earlier but said he was ok. Well, he ended up having the stomach flu which kept me up most of the night. It's very hard to function on 3 hours of sleep when you are sleep deprived in the first place.

Greg stayed home from school Thursday and Friday. Friday was a half day and a Halloween party and I didn't want that sugar over load coming right back up. Plus, I told Greg that if he stayed home from school he could go trick or treating. That was fine with Greg.

Come Friday evening, Evelyn gets picked up by her BFF to head to a birthday/Halloween party at another BFF friend house and then back to the first BFF to spend the night. She would not let me get photos. She was a cowgirl in her show shirt, a jeans skirt and her boots with hair in braids. She looked so cute. I hope BFF #2 mom got some photos of the group of girls. So, Evy was gone for the night.

Here is a cowgirl picture of Evy,but picture a skirt and minus the horse. Although I am sure she would have loved to have ridden Jessie while trick or treating.




Greg and his BFF had been talking about trick or treating. We were also talking about going to a carnival at our neighbors church. Well, that idea was nixed Thursday. I did arrange with BFF mom for the boys to go trick or treating. As it turned out, she picked up Greg and brought him to where they were going to be. Then I picked up Greg at 8. I wanted him to be home early as he had a baseball tournament over the weekend and wanted him to devour as little candy as possible.

This is our neighbor Janet. She really isn't that scary. Just needs a bit of a trim. No just kidding. She wanted to try on Greg's mask.




Greg was a Werewolf. He did let me get some pix of him.



The kids decorated the house this year and did a great job. They had the smoke machine up too. Our house looked pretty cool for the handful of trick or treaters who came by.


Tom brought home dinner, we passed out candy, I read a little and did some more box arranging in the garage prior to getting Greg.


We spent Saturday in Chino Hills at Big League Dreams. What a cool sports field. You are playing on miniature versions of major league fields. We played at Wrigley field this time. When we were headed home, Greg looked at me all smiley. He said that one of his dreams came true today, he got to play under the lights. So cool! The lights were on and there was even lightening! Kinda neat to play a night game.


Sunday we were back to Chino Hills very early. Rain and all. But it stopped soon after we got there. The Sox played an awesome game Sunday but didn't get to the play offs. It was a great game to end the travel season with. Now it's baseball hiatus until we start in the new league in February.


I was able to get a good amount of unpacking done on Sunday. I have to order new book cases for the office. Still have more to do but can see a lot of the garage floor now. Need to set a date for the garage sale too. The amount of things keeps growing.


Our first soccer play off game is next Saturday! Whoo-Hoo. I'm excited.


It's going to be a busy week, again. And what else is new. I am hoping we will get the carpet done this week. Then we can put the bedrooms back and things will almost be done. I'm not going to post any pictures until things are done.

Ok, so now it's Tuesday morning. I forgot to post this on Monday. So what else is new. Just hang in there with me. Thanks :)

Monday night at riding lessons, Jessie got spooked or something when Evelyn was getting her ready to ride. She was jumping around and antsy. So, she got put in the arena with one of the more experienced girls who help out and Jessie took off. She was dashing around the arena for a good 10 minutes before she was ready to ride. She looked like she was having a great time and just needed a turn out before lessons. Kind of reminded me of Greg when he was younger and cooped up in the house during bad weather. I would send him out back to run around. It worked. I do that with the dog too.

This is Jessie doing her dance before an event at the last show. If you could see her in action, you would know how much fun she was having last night :)




At lessons the riders have been working on synchronized riding. This group has their pattern down and look so good. I wish I had brought the camera.

I woke up early this morning to the sound of rain. I love rain and have been waiting so long for rain! Ahh. K was a bit upset as she did not get her walk. She is curled up on her blanket in the office (still does not like the floor) taking her morning nap. It has stopped raining but it's getting time for errands.

This is it for now. Have a super week. :)

oh, and PS. If you look at my book list, I finished "New Moon" by Stephanie Meyer. It's the book after "Twilight". Oh, it's good too. I started Thursday and finished last night. I stayed up too late reading. Now I hope I get that Borders email soon so I can get another coupon and get the next one in the series. Can't wait for the movie!

1 comment:

Tara Cross Beam said...

Goodness you are one lady with lots going on...Can I say how awesome you are for managing to be a wife, mom, friend, sister......Love and Miss yA!!!