Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend has come and gone

Here it is Monday morning and I still wish it was Sunday morning. Oh well. 5 more days to the weekend.

Saturday's games were rained out. But we spent the entire afternoon at the festival at church. We were only going to be there for a few hours, but kept meeting people to chat with and the kids were having a great time playing the games. Then I got rounded up to help set up for the dinner/dance that night. It's a lot of work to get the tables set up just right. Wow! And it was neat to see the everything all in place when we got back for the dinner later that night. Very beautiful!

We didn't win the car or the WII, or even the gas cards. But Evelyn won a chocolate cake at the cake walk and Greg won a bottle of sprite playing some game. Plus all the other little goodies from the other games. At the silent auction Saturday night I won a basket with hair goodies and a gift certificate for a free hair cut and style. I really do need that. We didn't win the other fun baskets we bid on. Oh well.

Sunday I didn't make it to the Race for the Cure. But I did walk. Kaydee first and then while Tom and the Kids were at church (I went Saturday), I did my own walk. I walked up to Starbucks and enjoyed the crisp morning air and got lost in my own thoughts about people in my life. It was a great refreshing inspiring walk. And I did wear my race shirt.

Evelyn's team won their soccer game Sunday 2 - 1. Evelyn was on fire for most of the game. She seemed to be elsewhere in the 3rd quarter, but snapped back into reality in the 4th quarter. The girls were tired because we didn't have any subs. But we still played such a great game!
The team made it to the field for their pictures after the game and then to Golden Spoon. The coach promised ice cream if they won!!!

From then it was back home and I got to finish up some projects I have started. Finally! I also finally finished reading "Wicked"

Nothing too exciting going on but it was nice to still have some time at home to get some things done. And also time to get ready for the busy week ahead.

No comments: