Friday night I was just exhausted but too much on my mind to go to sleep. I tried doing some stuff on the computer but couldn't concentrate so just decided to go to bed and read. Tom was already in snoresville as he had taken some benedryl as his allergies really kicked in.
Kaydee still likes to sleep outside, not too cold yet. I heard some noise at the back fence and her bark. This was the bark that something is not right (like when she encountered the skunk!) I grabbed my big flashlight and ran to the back door. Kaydee was at the back fence, feet on the brick with her nose through the iron fence. Something was back there.
Then I saw an ear. My thoughts were oh no, it's Zuko (neighbors dog) wandering around in the glenn. It's about 11:30 and I am wondering how I am going to get him out of there and back home.
But then I see one head, then another. There are 4 eyes staring at me. COYOTES!! TWO OF THEM!! My heart started racing and I got scared. I called K to get inside. Slammed the door and jumped back into bed with K. My heart was just pounding. I know the coyotes can not get into our yard as our fence is too high, but shook me up to see them right behind our fence.
We hear them all the time and I have even seen a few during the day. Years ago I saw one in front of the house next door very late at night.
Haven't had any more sightings since Friday. Have heard howls though. Last night K was barking but I didn't see anything out there. There are tons of animals that come out at night anyways.
Hopefully we wont have any more up close and personal coyote sightings.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Yikes, it scared me just reading about it! It amazes me to how adjusted the coyotes are to humans around here! When we first moved here I saw a coyote behind our house and started yelling at it and it looked at me like it wanted to eat me! I rode my bike home quickly! How long did it take you to get to sleep after that incident?
HAGD-Tara
Post a Comment