Sunday, June 10, 2007

The weekend........

Friday afternoon Tom and the kids took off for Campland on the Bay in Mission Bay (San Diego) for the Adventure Princess Family Camp. Greg was supposed to have practice Friday, but it was changed to Saturday so opted to go too Friday night.
I stayed home to finish up some things and watched Lake House (Super chick flick movie!!) Saturday morning 6:30 am, car was gassed up, money in my wallet and a Starbucks chai tea latte in my cup holder, and I was on my way to San Diego. Now that's a great time to make the trip south. No traffic and I always like the drive along the coast. Got to camp land about 7:45 when everyone was still getting up. Enjoyed meeting the other moms and dads and had a super camp breakfast of waffles, eggs and bacon!!
Saturday was a packed day for the girls and families. After breakfast we headed to the beach for water games, swimming , etc.... Greg and I rented bikes and took off for a nice long bike ride along the bay. Found this super bike path. Back to camp for swimming and lunch and a little more playing. Then Greg and I headed home for his 4:00 practice. We were both so tired!
Saturday night Greg and I just chilled watching a movie and fighting to stay awake. We were both zonked out by 9.
After church this morning, Greg and I went to his football meeting. 30 kids on the team, 7 coaches and many many parent volunteer positions! I signed us up for towels, photography and stats. (I did football stats in high school). Practice starts July 30, 5 nights a week. We are going to have one tired boy! First game is Labor Day weekend.
Now we are home till 4:00 practice. Tom and Evy are on their way home from camp.
Hope you all had a great weekend!!

No comments: