
I haven't had a good daily thought for a few days. Well, they are all good, but not one that jumped out at me enough to post.
I do like this one. I do like the picture too and stuck that on the post as well.
It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
— Sir Winston Churchill
— Sir Winston Churchill
So, my take on this one......take things one day at a time. Tackle today, today. Tomorrow will come no matter what so make the most of today.
Kids opted to stay home from day care today. I told them they are on their own and not to bug me or they are headed to church. Greg used the rationale that he needed to rest for his game tonight. Ok, then why are you up at 6:30 am!! My rules are: not to bug me, do 2 days worth of Kumon homework, reading, not to bug me, not too much tv, not to bug me, don't argue, pick up your rooms, make your beds, put away your laundry, don't' bug me (please), and entertain your selves.
Every summer we have a rewards program for doing workbooks, reading, helping around the house, etc..... This is the free week and then it starts next week. The kids earn points which are tallied up at the end of summer for a reward. This year the kids want Nintendo DS's. We priced them last night at Target. The kids already have a list of games going too. I'm not one to run out and buy the kids the latest game boy game. The game boys are 2 years old. We don't even have Nintendo or PS or X box. Don't see the reason to have one. Another excuse to be a couch potato. I didn't have one, no computer games, no game boy...... I turned out ok.
Greg has a game today, 5:00. Hope he's not nervous. I'm not making a big deal out of the game (although I am excited as it is the play offs!!).
Kaydee update: She sure wants to get out and run! I have found ways to sneak her medicine to her - cheese! Also started on glucosamine. I take her on a very short and slow walk to the end of the block. She wants to run. I watch how she walks and she does have a weird walk with her weird legs. I have been reading so much about hip dysplacia. Everything is pretty much says the same thing. We will go back to the vet next week and I will have my long list of questions.
Back to work. Have a super day and make the most of today :)




No comments:
Post a Comment