Ok, all day long I have been wondering how long that nasty egg has really been in our garage. It was larger than a regular chicken egg and the shell broke in two, it didn't shatter like a normal egg does when it is dropped on the kitchen floor. The shell was much thicker.
Most evenings the kids are playing out front and us adults gather for a chat. So Julia and Babak ask if Greg liked the egg they found and gave to Tom on Sunday to show to Greg. Egg? Oh, the smelly thing that broke in the garage. So, I explained the story to them and that Tom never said a thing about the egg. They found it on a walk in the glenn on Sunday and thought Greg would like to see it. And were wondering what was inside the egg. Must have fallen from a nest. I explained the curdling green icky stinky stuff inside. No baby bird in there. And what kind of bird? Maybe a turkey vulture like the ones that lurk around behind the house. Who knows.
But now I know how the egg got in the garage and when. I asked Tom about the egg and he said he stuck it on the shelf, near the chalk, and forgot about it.
You sure don't want to lift the lid on our trash can. P-U, major stinkage!! I had Greg do a sniff test and we both bolted to the house.
Maybe I will make some scrambled eggs for breakfast in the morning. The kids need a good hearty breakfast before heading off to volleyball camp!!
Mystery solved!!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
At least you know it wasn't you and Easter. What a relief!
Post a Comment