So, back up a bit. Probably Jr. High or High School while at the beach boogie boarding, I crashed under a wave, thought I was swimming up but hit the sandy bottom, bolted back up top and was no where near where I had been before. Rip Tide. I was scared.
Ever since then, I really don't enjoy going in the ocean above my waist or swimming in water where I can't see the bottom.
Last summer I took kayak lessons at the lake and loved it. Think it helped. It's so peaceful rowing over the lake. Went the other week with the kids.
In between camps, the kids and I hang out at the lake for an hour, have lunch and swim. Today Evelyn's friend Sara stayed with us after she was done with Jr. Lifeguards. The kids love to go out to the ropes at the end of the swim area and I really wanted to go too. First time me and Greg went on boogie boards. Then Sara and Evy wanted to go. Evy will not go w/o hers. So, that left me to swim with Sara. And I did it! So happy. Can't wait to swim again tomorrow.
So, I goofed signing the kids up for camp. Volleyball camp this week from 9:15 to 12:15. Science camp was supposed to be in August. But I goofed and signed up for this week 1:30 to 4:30. But my goof has worked out for the best. Get in some lake time in between camps and a nice long lunch, swimming and relaxing. I usually work right through lunch and eat lunch while I am working.
Here is a link to our beautiful lake. Great for swimming, kayaking, paddle boating, sail boating, movies, concerts and tons of family fun. And only about 2 miles from our house :)
http://www.lakemissionviejo.org/




1 comment:
I was at the lake yesterday. Looks as if Wednesday will be our days there. Tiffany was there too. Today we all went to Calafia beach. I've had more than my fair share of sun this week. I'm just whipped!
Post a Comment