Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving

I am a little late getting these posted, but here are some photos from our Thanksgiving. We hosted at our house, and had about 30 people here throughout the day. It was hectic, but fun.
We set up tables in the garage and hung plastic over the shelves to give it a little
"homey" atmosphere. Most importantly was that everyone could sit all together.


Rich brougt over 2 turkeys in the morning. One cooked in the oven, the other in a roasting pan in the garage. Now our garage smelled like yummy turkey too! Everyone else pitched in and brought the rest of the dinner items and desserts. I made some appetizers (cheese, crackers and veggies) .

It was a little hectic getting all the dishes heated up after the turkey was out of the oven but we did it. We did buffet style this year rather than passing the food around the table. All the food was set up on the kitchen table and Rich and I made sure the bowls were kept full, turkey platter was piled high and the gravy was hot.

I was the last one to sit down and eat but did not mind. I had a plate of my favorite meal (well one of them). I even got seconds on stuffing! Oh, I could just eat an entire bowl of stuffing, forget everyting else.
Some cleaning fairies cleaned up the kitchen by the time I got back in. Guess it helps to linger longer over my meal and have time to sit and chat. (Thank you !!)

The guys enjoyed the football games while the kids enjoyed the trampolene and just playing together.
We all dove into our turkey cake and yummy pies. I could have just sat and ate pies all night too. Can you tell, I love to eat? Well, more so on holidays.

Enjoy the pictures :) (and please bear with me, I have a hard time spacing out the pictures and captions on blogger)























The day's menu





















I had to have my hot Chai tea

Uncle Roger and Aidan having a jumping contest






















Roger on the trampolene perfecting his jumping tricks
















Evelyn and Victoria jump for turkey


Aidan taking Nicole for a walk


Someone's in the kitchen with ..... Mary, Mallory, Rich, Clara Alice and Matt (hey get away from that turkey! and no more wine for you! Are these potatos ever going to be done?)














The garage all transformed into our "dining room". Sorry, a little dark, but it was well lit when we ate













Firefighter in training cousin Matt with Evelyn and Victoria














Turkey chef ~ Rich














Great eats!!















Time to dine! Greg, Matt, Miles, Marianne, Sam, Michelle, Aidan, David, Ryan, Mallory, Nicole












Al, Evelyn, Roger, Therese, Clara Alice, Clarence, Mary, Michael, Nancy, Vicoria, Valerie (missing: me Tom, Ron. Patty and John just left. Eric, Chrissy, Nathan and Jake have not arrived yet.)












Aidan wondering what is going on but enjoying his place at the head of the table














M~G~M aka Miles, Greg, Matt

1 comment:

Tara Cross Beam said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun!!! You did a fantastic job!!!

Miss chattin' with u!