Thursday, November 8, 2007

4 + 1 =

I will get to the math later. But do you know we now have 4, yes 4 Targets all less than 5 miles away from us? Oh my, what's a girl to do? Well, for starters visit 3 of them in search for the bike her daughter really really really wants. The pink Schwinn Roxie beach cruiser type bike.


We saw it at the new Target the other week. No way it was going to fit in the car that was already loaded down with chairs, etc for soccer and football games.


The kids and I were on a bike ride sometime during the summer. We rode and rode and rode and I kept telling the k ids, you know we have to go back too and there are hills. But we kept going. Finally on the way home, the kids had to stop and rest. I am sure we looked so cute sitting on the bus bench with our bikes. Evelyn was riding her old bike, so cute - purple with big white tires - and no gears. She was a trooper although it was clear to see the bike was too small for her.


We start our ride home again and Greg is way in front determined to get home. (We are on El Toro, heading north to Portola) I am behind Evelyn and notice her tire looks a little weird. Uh oh! She has a flat tire! Drat. I tell her to stay put while I race ahead to get Greg and bring him back. Have the kids chill out while I call Tom from my cell (glad I had it with me) so he could take the kids back home. I chose to ride home.


Fast forward months later and the quest is on again to get a new bike for Evelyn. I was not going to pay the prices of the ones in the bike store. Holey Moley. But I do admit they are nice bikes.


After hitting 3 Targets on Sunday with no luck, a very nice employee told us to check on line and also that more would be coming in before Christmas. Bingo! We found one on line at the Target we had not been to yet. Made a promise that Monday after Kumon (tutoring) would head to Target to see if the bike was there.


Luck was on our side as it was there! Did a test ride in the store and Evelyn was seeing pink! We did a little riding when we got home and Evelyn looks so cute on her bike :) I even had to test drive it. Now that football and soccer seasons are just about over, we will hit the bike trails again.

Here Evelyn is dressed for soccer and going for a quick ride before practice.






OK, back to my title: 4 Targets + 1 bike = 1 very happy girl. The "thank you Mom for my bike" and the hug at the check out counter was priceless :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO FAIR~That is the bike that I want!!!
I saw this bike earlier at Target and fell in LOVE.
Even though we are not bikers and our neighborhood is not that bike friendly I would like to have a bike to ride.
When I was at Target I instantly fell in love with the shade of pink and then when I rode it around the store I knew that I wanted it.
Hopefully Santa will bring one to me.
Have Fun!!!

Michele said...

How cool!!! I have the blue and white one and LOVE it! It's the best bike ever and she will enjoy it for a long, long time! Your story makes me want to go ride right NOW!!! :)

Naomi Murphy said...

I can't wait to get out and ride again. My bike is so old, but it works. I love this pink one and want one for myself too!