Tomorrow is the last football game of the season. I am sad (and a bit relieved). Greg loves playing football, and I have to admit, he is pretty darn good at it too. Yes, it has been very time consuming and I have done some complaining (but not too much). But I do love watching the games. And I also want to show my support for the activities my kids want to do.
So, tomorrow morning I will arise around 5:30 to get myself ready and then Greg for his 8 am game. This means we must be at the field at 6:45. At least the game is in Rancho Santa Margarita, and at that time of the morning, probably a 10 minute drive.
I still get nervous before the games, as does Greg. But he doesn't admit it as much as he used to. But I can still tell by the way he acts. The teams have been switched around again and this time Greg will be offense the first half of the game. He says he likes playing defense first so he is not as nervous when he has to run the ball. I agree with that. So tonight I told him he just has to get out there and show the other defense what he has right away and don't hold back. His last chance to score another TD or 2. He is also playing agains some of his buddies from school.
Tonight we had our last practice. Our last night sitting at the field huddled in blankets and jackets chatting, reading, and watching the guys practice. It was kind of a sad night. The boys had a really good practice and the coaches had nothing but good things to say about the boys, the season and the parents. This is the last time this group of boys will play together. All are moving up, some to Mighty Might and some to Jr. Pee Wee.
It has been a great season and a great experience. Way to go Bears!!
Well, I am tired and it's only getting later. Have a few things to do and want to sit down to watch some of my shows that I recorded earlier this week.
Let's go Bears!! Go Greg #88!!
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment