Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fire update

Yes, the Santiago fire is still burning here. It's 80% to 90% contained. The weather is cooler with more humidity. We can still see the helicopters and on Tuesday actually witnessed a plane dropping fire retardant on Saddleback Mountain.
I ca't get the link on my blog, but go to http://www.ocregister.com/ and click the box with a picture of the fire and a caption that reads Heat, Humanity, Heartbreak. It is a video clip of various still photos with the photographers giving a brief synopsis of their experience. I am sure I have already seen most of these pictures through the duration of the fire, but this is a good summary.
Fire fighters are working to have the entire fire out before the Santa Ana's start this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that the winds do not cause any further damage. Mary-Margaret is doing her current event and oral reprot on the fires and the accused child that started it by playing with matches. She will be using alot of the info that you have shared in the blogs to aid in her "opinion" about it.