Thursday, November 15, 2007

Naomi's Note to self/To Do/To Remember List

I have to admit, I am a list maker. It really helps me out. I tend to be a scatterbrain and this helps me to stay somewhat focused. I also find it helps the kids to get things done that they need to do.

So, if I could just carry around this note/list/whatevah ya want to call it with me, I think, emphasize think, I would be in pretty good shape.

Here goes, in really no particular order. And yes, I have done some of these things before.

When cooking or just being in the kitchen:

* put water in the pan when steaming broccoli (burned broccoli sure smells)

* turn on oven/stove before cooking, things cook faster this way, and make sure to turn these appliances off

*plug in crock pot so your dinner will cook

*milk does not belong in the cupboard

*do not put frozen meat in the pantry to thaw

*when hard boiling eggs, don't forget about them.....it's really no fun trying to clean exploded egg off the wall, ceiling, floor and stove

*don't forget to get the groceries out of the car, especially the ones that need to be frozen or go in the fridge

*when the buzzer on the oven goes off, it is a sure sign that whatever is in the oven is done and should be removed promptly (not until it is burnt to a crisp)

Getting Dressed:

*when leaving the house without shoes on, make sure you actually have shoes to put on in the car and make sure they are both yours and both the same shoe and one right and one left. Make sure one is not yours and one is your childs, make sure you don't have 2 right footed tennis shoes which are the same kind, you get the picture

*make sure you don't have toothpaste stains on your shirt

*make sure you don't have lipstick on your teeth, or smeared mascara on your face

*zip your pants zipper

*make sure there are no unexpected holes in your clothes

In the car

*take off the emergency brake before driving

*close the garage door

*make sure car doors are closed and locked before leaving your car in a parking lot (that is why I always make sure I hear the "beep" when I lock my car)

*car must be in park if the ignition is still on and you have to get out of the car to get the mail, etc...

Laundry:

*be sure to add clothes before running the wash cycle

*be sure to close the lid after adding clothes

*turn the dryer on - clothes dry faster and don't smell as bad if retrieving them a few days later

*make sure to remove items from pockets before washing and drying, ex: crayons, rocks, dirt, leaves, paper, gum, chapstick, jewelry, and did I mention crayons

*don't pack washing machine so full of towels that it rocks it's way out from the wall and stretches the water supply pipes close to the point of bursting

General:

*close windows when it is raining

*make sure doors are locked when leaving the house or at night

*make sure to leave your cell phone in a place where you can find it and not have to call it every time you need to find your phone

* always make sure the cap, lid, cover is securely on something before you shake it.


And most importantly: Always laugh at yourself, or at least a polite chuckle, I do! It sure helps.


Maybe you can relate to some of these. Would love to hear your own notes to self too :)

No comments: