Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pass the Cheer

I just love Starbucks.
My day did not start out so good today ~ my fault, I was up too late last night working and overslept this morning and had to dash to get us all out the door close to being on time.

Skipping all the details, I ended up at Starbucks.......Oh Starbucks.........take me away! My mind was racing and was someplace else. I was starving and needed instant gratification and the pastries were calling my name... My turn. "I would like a blueberry muffy please and a........." pause on my part and the friendly lady behind the counter. "I really mean a blueberry muffin." Now this got us all laughing. I was able to make it through the rest of my order, just fine..... "venti non fat chai latte, extra hot please." Yum. Tasted great with my blueberry muffy.

This time of year I love to read the Pass the Cheer on my cups. Here is today's:

Hold the door for somebody laden with packages. Serve hot chocolate and coffee to passing carolers. Pay the toll for the car behind you. Or do something nice for somebody you don't even know. When you pass the cheer through little moments like this, you create warmth that outshines the brightest holiday lights.

In all the hustle and bustle this time of the years, it's easy to loose track of the true meaning of Christmas. So remember to pass the cheer: a smile, kind word, thank you, kind gesture like holding open a door. The possibilities are endless.

I like to think I passed on some cheer today by making someone laugh by my goofiness. We both had a good laugh. ~ Enjoy your day!!

No comments: