So, this morning I convince Evely to wear her hair down, rather than in her signature pony tail with clips and a head band. She has the cutest hair cut and I try to convince her that she needs to wear it down more. Evelyn also picked out the cutest dress. Now, she is not a dress wearer. Prefers jeans and tennis shoes or her warm fuzzy boots. After looking through many many cute dresses and skirts and trying on half of what we looked at she finally decided on one. And I was lucky to find her a cute sweater to go with it from another store.
After Evy's shower we blow dried her hair in preparation to curl it. She really didn't like the way it turned out. I thought it was cute. I am kind of a spaz when it comes to doing hair. So we used a curling iron and curled the ends. I was hoping they would flip up and some actually did. I knew the curls would not stay in very long as Evelyn has very thick and straight hair. Doesn't hold a curl very long, like mine.
Evelyn insisted on pulling part of it back and had to do it all herself. "I don't need your help, I can do it" Ok, got it. So I tried to keep my distance and hunt down clips and head bands (she leaves them everywhere!!) Found enough and after many takes, she finally got it how she liked it.
Boy does she look pretty :) All dressed up with her dad on they way to a very fun dance. Wish I could go and peek from behind the Christmas tree.
So, here is Tom and Evelyn all ready to go. Yep, they were running a little late but I managed to stop them by the tree to get a few pictures.



And here is the bathroom after they left. Is this a sign of what's to come?

Well, at least we had practice for the school Christmas program. That's on Tuesday and we know what to do or not do with the hair. Thankfully Evelyn will get 3 wears out of this dress...today, Christmas program and Christmas Eve.
Greg and I had some time together this afternoon as well. We went to Best Buy and then to Home Depot. He really wanted to look at the NFL team paint and has dreams of transforming his room into a Rams theme room.
While Greg played with the neighbors I got some cooking done. Will post that later. Smells yummy right now. And got the cards almost done too, phew.




No comments:
Post a Comment