We have been busy decorating the house for Christmas (actually, it's been done for many weeks), shopping, wrapping, sending out cards and baking. Love the baking.
Here are some photos of what's been going on. (and hopefully blogger cooperates and puts my pictures and captions in the same order as they are as I write this post)

Our house. Kids wanted to go Christmas Crazy this year. We always put up our reindeer, sled and snow man. This year we got the big inflatable frosty and he keeps shorting out the circuit. We do have alot plugged into that one outlet. There are more lights around the door and on the bushes but they don't show up that good here or didn't make it in the photo
Evelyn and Greg visiting Santa at the lake boat parade
Some of my favorite decorations: my wise men (keep them up all year actually) and my snow globes. The ornaments are ones that didn't have hangers and we put them there to hang later, but actually like the way they look there so that's were they are staying till it's time to pack up.
Tom and Evelyn before their dance.
All decked out for the Christmas program
So glad Greg combed his hair for the occasion and Evelyn wore her hair down. Evelyn wanted to give Greg and Elvis style but he declined. 

Tom and Greg spending some time with K in the back yard. Must be a break in the football game.
Tom has already prepped for his day of football. Coffee table cleared off so he can spread out the paper have remotes handy and whatever else he needs within arms distance. It's tough work to get up and dash to another room between plays. :)
Completed breakfast puffs Evelyn and I made, thanks PW!! And I do admit, they are yummy!!
Evelyn up to her elbows mixing Everything cookies. Thanks again PW. The huge bowl was too full to stir with a spoon. Evelyn scrubbed her arms , up to elbows, and got her hands into the bowl to mix it all up! No idea what's up with the face she is making there.
We were listening to Christmas music on Coast. Had to stop and do the Jingle Bell Rock dance when the song came on. This is one song Evelyn's class sang at the Christmas Program the other night.
Here are the finished Everything cookies. I lost count after 8 dozen. No idea how many we have.
And of course we had to sample the breakfast puffs to make sure they were safe for human consumption. Oh, yes they sure are. YumO
We also made dozens and dozens of sugar cookies. They are safely stored in the fridge so we can decorate them this weekend. Then we sort out the goodies for neighbors and friends and get to deliver them. Of course we still have plenty for us. I also made other goodies not pictured here. Where did I stick the pictures? I don't know. I really need to clean up my pictures folder and down load the old ones the the external drive,
Time to change the key board now too. These darn letters are sticking and I have a new ergonomic one to install. Oops, today is the last day of school for this year. Kids are out 3 minutes ago, but I am not picking up today. About 15 minutes the kids will burst through the door, more than likely on a sugar high from school.
Enjoy :)











2 comments:
Your house looks so beautiful and your cookies YumO! Looks like a great time!! MERRY CHRISTMAS my friend!! :)
LOVE the decorations. And WOW! those cookies do look YumO. Every time you post photos of Evelyn and Greg, I can't get over how big they are getting. Beautiful children Naomi.
Post a Comment