Monday, May 7, 2007

Padres update and another busy weekend

Padres did it again and are back on track! Last weekend we had a hard loss to the Rangers. But they pulled it together and won the game agains the Yankees on Wednesday and the Angels on Saturday.
Saturday's game was at 8 am. I had snack that day and the boys all voted for donuts! Tom took Greg to the game and Evy and I heade to the dount store for 2 dozen donuts. The Angels scored 6 runs their first time up, but the Padres scored 7 the first inining. Padres stayed ahead the rest of the game for a win!! It was another great game.
After the game Tom dashed Greg to church for his first communion practice. Evy and I did some errands. I did some major gardening, pulled weeds, trimmed plants and planted some new plants. I also got some pretty flower pots to add some color. I love lots of colored flowers in the Spring and Summer. The hydrangea are about to bloom and the hibiscus have started blooming too. Looking good :)
Saturday afternoon I dashed back to the baseball field for my snack bar shift, 3 - 7. But it was more like 7:45 by the time we got out of there as we had to close it down and clean it up. We gave that place a good scrubbing too. The time sure went by fast though! And of course it was fun working with other parents. I am banned from the french fry frier as I would keep forgetting about those poor fries and pull out some very crispy fries. That's ok with me though, don't like them anyways. I came home smelling like a deep fried fench fry and couldn't wait to get into the shower.
Tom took the kids to the beach and then dinner. They came home tired and had such a fun time playing in the waves. Of course Greg brought home shells and rocks :)

Greg's first communion is next Saturday so Sunday we spent some time getting ready. The kids and I went shopping for food, I cleaned the office and even got my hair cut. Tom's birthday is Tuesday so my mom watched the kids and we went to El Torito Grill for dinner. OH, it was so yummy!! Borders was still open so we did some book shopping. Not like we don't have enough books.

Ok, so what about the Amazing Race? I am happy with the winners, they did play a good game although a bit too much wining going on at times.

Padres games on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Stay tuned.................

No comments: