Monday, May 7, 2007

Again?

Well, Kaydee did it again. Another animal met it's fate in our back yard. This time it was a little possum.
When Tom leaves for school with the kids, K and I leave for our run (most mornings). When we come back and are cooling down, I do a little work in the yards. This morning it was the back yard. I almost stepped on it and took a moment to realize what it was.
Thankfully K had her rabies shot updated in April. And thankfully she is not eating these animals she catches. Just snapping their necks and leaving them for me to find!
Sorry to gross you out, or not. But it's just another life's adventure. (see my Friday's post).
Hopefully no more animals will meet their fate in our back yard. I have not seen any activity in Gopherville so think it's time to start filling in the holes and getting the grass to grow again. I want these to be gone for good so I can enjoy my lawn for the summer and not have to look at mounds of dirt and dirt patched filled with holes!! Really, it's not a lot to ask for and I don't ask for a lot.
Anyone for a BBQ tonight? Just kidding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't dogs great? Mine leave nice surprises for me too. Especially the doxie...my 'hunting' dog.