Thursday, June 26, 2008

Updates

It's been an entire week since my last blog update. It's been a super crazy 7 days with more to come.

North lost their game last week. Mixed feelings: sad :( no more baseball for awhile, but happy :) as we have some free time and Greg can have some much needed chill out time.

Friday: last day of school! Out to lunch with friends. Evelyn to Marissa's for an all nighter (that's my new word for a sleep over) Greg: I can't remember what he did.

Saturday: me- hair cut, nails done, cleaning up. All of us to Matt's fire academy graduation party. Way to go Matt!

Sunday: me and Evy and Marissa and Diane headed to the Grove for a girls day to see Kit (American Girl movie) and lunch and hang out at the Grove.It was a great day, we had a blast, so much fun and a great movie! Tom was golfing. Greg hung out at Uncle Eric's.

Fast forward to Wednesday night. Why, well because this was the best of all:

We had dinner at Pick Up Stix in Foothill Ranch. We were out doing stuff and were all starving. Greg realized he was eating with his retainer in, wrapped it in a napkin and told all us he put it on the table. ............At home getting stuff to go back out again..... and Greg finds me, he is in tears "Mom, I left my retainer at Pick Up Stix and it got thrown away" Ugh. Well, retainer $300+ vs. digging through trash can. Digging through trash can it is.

Grabbed a few plastic grocery bags and dashed back to Stix. Told our sad story to the very nice young man behind the counter, and he even offered to help us look. Now this is one kid who was raised nicely. Very polite and helpful. Way to go parents of this kid!!! And I forget his name.

Nice kid drug the trash can out front of the restaurant. Un lidded it for us and even got his hands in there digging too. Me and Greg also dug in with trash bags on hands. Dig, dig, dig......... gross!! At least it was not very full.

"I found it!!!!!" was the happy joy joy exclamation from Greg. Mama was happy too! "Thank you, thank you, thank you kind employee for helping us out and saving us hundreds of $ and the embarrassment of having to tell nice Ortho lady that we threw away the retainer."

We dashed to the bathroom, wrapped the retainer in a paper towel and safely deposited it into mom's purse, washed our hands 34 times with soap and hot water and happily skipped out of the restaurant back to the car and to Game Stop to trade in games for new ones. (the retainer has been soaked, brushed with tooth paste and soaking again before it goes back into the mouth)

Do you see the trend going on here how I forget things so easily. Ugh. Pin a note to my shirt please so I won't forget things. It's getting annoying, well at least to me.

Kids are out of school this week. Evelyn enjoying Show Camp at the stables. Greg bored out of his gourd. But had a play date yesterday and today. Whew! I am filling in for my supervisor for 3 weeks while he toots about Europe. And this week I am filling in for a co worker while she is on a family vacation. So, doing work for 3 peeps while kids need this or that. Not too phun. It's hectic, I tell ya, but it's Friday tomorrow so I'm happy.

Now back to work as I am sure I have received about 20 phone messages and 128 emails since I started writing this post.

2 comments:

Tara Cross Beam said...

Too funny about the retainer because Katelyn did the SAME thing only at Taco Bell....Ken dug through the trash and found it thankgoodness. What happened later....well she broke it while she was at Science Camp....At least we only had to replace it once, right?

Take care and good luck on all of those phone calls!

Michele said...

I am so in the same boat! I can't seem to remember anything these days, not what I tell people, not what I plan, not where I put things - I feel on the brink of Alzheimer's and I'm, scared to death!!! My doctor said it's from too much multi-tasking. Gee....I wonder how I'm supposed to stop that?!