We WON tonight! 7 - 4 against Tierras Creek! What a great game. Greg had 2 super catches at center field. One good stop at center field. One great catch at right field. And another time it was hit high to right, Greg got the sun in his eyes and missed the catch, but he was quick to recover and save the runner from getting to 2nd. He also played left field and had 2 at bats. Walked and was barely thrown out at first. In All Stars, you can sub batters.
Before the game, the head score keeper announced that he would like a few older kids to help out - one to announce the game and one to work the score board. The kid who was going to keep score for North, tossed down the score book and ran to the booth. I turned to Evy and asked if she wanted to help. Yep, she sure did. She got to announce the game! She did a great job. When her brother was up, she announced....."now batting, number 13, Greg Smurphy" oh boy!!! Not everyone caught that one. But those of us who know the nick names, caught on.
I got to keep score. This was an entirely new experience for me. I figured out how to keep track of the subs and different way of pitch counts. I think I did pretty good. I just kept referring to the score notes from the last game.
Practice Thursday.
Game Friday at 5 pm. Be there , or be............. wherever. But think positive thoughts for North. I think we play Ladera Ranch. Have to double check the schedule.
Go NORTH!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
AWESOME!! I am so behind in my blogging and checking in on my friends!! So happy for the win for you guys - GO GREG!!!
Post a Comment