So, our baseball days are no where near over.
GREG MADE ALL STARS!!!!
Tryouts were on Friday. I still was not feeling good, actually feeling worse than ever. Greg came home from school not feeling well either. But I still took Greg to All Star tryouts. It actually was nice to get outside in the fresh. I hung around for awhile until Tom got there and then headed home.
There was a scrimmage scheduled for Sunday morning for the players who were called back. We got a message on Saturday for Greg to be at the scrimmage on Sunday.
Scrimmage went ok. Greg pitched, played 1st, 3rd and left field. They had the boys playing all over as they wanted to see them in different positions.
So, later Sunday, I am changing to go running. I thought I heard the phone ring and heard the kids talking. They were playing webkinz. I asked "did the phone ring?" answer "yes"
Me: "well who was it?"
E: "it was for Greg"
M: "who was calling?"
G"coach Jones"
M "oh, what was he calling about?"
G"All stars"
M "and.........? what did he say?"
G "That I made All Stars"
M "Great! And did he say anything else?"
G "That he would either call or send an email about the practice schedule"
M "Ok Great! and what did you say?"
G "OK"
End of conversation. This was one tired kid. He stayed the night at G's house and was up late. Tom picked him up at 8 am Sunday morning for the scrimmage. He was tired and cranky and more interested in furnishing his webkinz house than talking to me at the moment.
But very exciting. And yesterday Greg was more excited about the news and asked if I got an email about the practice schedule.
Our TOC (playoffs) start this week. Our game is Wednesday. Then Saturday. Closing ceremonies are June 14. And that is our last regular season game. Then I heard the All Stars have their first game that afternoon.
Also, the MV Sox tournament team are playing in 2 tournaments this summer. July. One in San Diego and the other in the Inland Empire. Not sure where that one is.
Looks like it will be a base ball summer.
Congrats Greg!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Oh my gosh.....how EXCITING!!! Too funny with regards to your conversation with Greg after the phone call.
I hope you are feeling better! Miss you!
Hip Hip Hooray for Greg!!!
xoxo
Robin
Thanks Tara and Robin! He's excited.
AWESOME NEWS!!!! Yeah GREG!!!! :)
Post a Comment