Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dodger update

Well, to make a long story very short. Dodgers are out of the play offs. The game Saturday did not go very well. While we had some amazing plays and played hard the entire game, the Angels had amazing plays and played harder the entire game. It just was not meant to be.

We sure had an amazing season. Each one just gets better and better. Super, no make that Excellent coaches, excellent players and parents. Could not have asked for a better year. And this is the start of possibly a new team as well as we continue to play with the MV Sox.

They boys were upset after the game, as could be expected. G asked Greg to go swimming with him, which turned into a bbq and turned out to be a great evening. A very good diversion for Greg. He was very upset. The kids had a great time swimming while the parents had a great time chatting and grilling and we enjoyed a great dinner with great people. :)

All Star practice was this morning and Greg had an amazing practice. He won the 2-strike drill. Basically a hitting drill. And he was hitting great at practice, hustling and looking like he was having fun.

After practice Greg and a few other guys found Appleseed and his dad at the field practicing. Greg stayed to hit and field while I dashed to the grocery store so I could feed the family for the week.

We ended up getting summer passes for the Sierra Rec Center and Montonoso Rec Center. Dashed back home to get in swim suits and I took the kids swimming this evening before dinner. After dinner we made another dash to Golden Spoon for some frozen yoghurt before bed.

It was a weekend of dashing around, but if it was nothing else, it would not be a typical weekend. We have AS practice Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, possibly Friday with a full day on Saturday. Championship game which we will go to watch, closing ceremonies where the AS's also get their hats and introduced, then back to the field at 5 for the first All Star (AS) game. Whew.

I know it's very late, but I have tons of emails to answer and I must iron and fold clothes as I need clothes for the week. Finishing my book will just have to wait.

Hope y'all had an excellent weekend and have an excellent week ahead.

No comments: