Monday, April 14, 2008

The weekend

We had great weekend. It was hot!
Tom had to go into work early on Saturday for inventory. No fun. But the kids and I slept in. Me, 8:00, the kids, around 8:30. Ahhh! Greg didn't have to be at the field until 11:15. I dashed around dusting and cleaning the house and doing laundry. Jumped in the shower and left a nice clean house when we left for the ball field. Greg likes to be at the field early. He likes to watch the other games and also so he can play catch with Drew. I also think he gets a bit antsy before the game and likes to make sure he is there on time.
While Greg was warming up, Evelyn and I did the rounds to see who was playing and see who we could chat with.

Game time and it was hot! Dodgers were up first and we got one run in the first inning. Greg pitched the first inning. Angels got one run. Game was going along good. Greg played 3rd and 1st the rest of the game. Had some outstanding plays in the field. Struck out once, walked and hit. I think it was about the 3rd or 4th inning. Dodgers were ahead, bases loaded, Garrett was up........inside the park Grand Slam!!! Whoo-Hoo!! That clinched the win for the Dodgers and the final score was 13 - 9. Way to go Dodgers!

After the game the kids and I made a Henry's run. I started feeling very tired, managed to load up the cart with snacks for school, ice cream, and also came home with shrimp and 3 lobster tails, oh and 4 huge artichokes. The plan was to cook lobster tails and artichokes for dinner and and have some ice cold shrimp. The neighbors were over and all the kids went in the sprinklers. I started feeling worse then and had to sit down. Couldn't even put away the groceries. Couldn't even cook dinner. I ended up going to bed around 6 and dozed on and off for several hours. Ended up sleeping until 8 the next morning. Don't know what hit me but it sure knocked me out.

Sunday I felt groggy all day. I did get to Michaels for some beads for some bracelets I wanted to make. After church, Greg went with Garrett and his family to go swimming. Evelyn went to her friends to go swimming. I got my nails done and wanted to fall asleep in the chair.

For dinner, Tom bbq'd some steaks while I steamed the artichokes and lobster. We ate out on the patio as it was so nice. Kaydee enjoyed some steak and was lucky to get fed from the table. She conveniently sat as close as she could get to the meat plate. Smart dog she is.

I didn't make it to bed early like I had planned too, but did make 4 bracelets. I think they turned out pretty cool. I'll post some pictures here later.

Off to physical therapy now. Then have tons of work to do before the kids get home. Riding lessons today, game Tuesday, practice Thursday, and of course throw in homework, finishing up the state report and studying lines for the OC play. Just another typical week here.

Have a super week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am OH so jealous that it is HOT there and you are already SWIMMING!!! For some reason we are still getting temps in the 40-50's. Send some heat our way!!
xoxo
Robin