Me, yep that's right, me! Well, what did I do you wonder........I really don't know how it happened, but here is what happened
I was getting ready to do my load of laundry for the day. I went into Evelyn's room to get her hamper. As I was gathering clothes from the floor, I noticed a cup of water on her book case. I chucked the clothes into the hamper, grabbed the cup of water, grabbed the hamper and began walking out of her room. As I was nearing the door, I tripped, tumbled over the hamper, spilling water on the door, me and all over the hall and I somehow made it over the hamper and landed flat on my hand, the hand, the healing hand. Youcha! I also heard a rip and my toe was caught in the cuff of my pants. I wiped down the door and walls with a sweatshirt that had spilled from the hamper, blotted up the water on the floor, put the clothes back in the hamper and then saw my pants. :( The bottom part is almost all the way ripped off.
This is what I think happened. The cuffs of my pants are folded up and attached with this flappy thing that buttons. Kinds of like a strap. I think as I was maneuvering around things in Evelyn's room, my foot or toe caught somewhere on the other leg of my pants thus causing my fall. I think I can salvage the pants. Just cut the other leg the same length as the ripped one and put in a new hem. Wa-la! New springy cropped pants.
Now my hand. It hurts. Hurts. It has been hurting anyways. This stabbing burning sensation on my wrist just under my hand. Ok in the morning but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse. So much so that the other night it made me cry and I had to pop some more Aleve. I have physical therapy today in a little over an hour and will discuss it then. I go back to the surgeon for another check up next Friday. The area at my incision is still very sensitive and does not like to touch things.
So, now that I have recovered, and changed my pants, I humbly give myself this award. Wont be the last time something like this happens, and for sure not the first. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support. And yes, I do all my own stunts. I'm here 24/7 too.
Have a safe and fun weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm feeling your pain as I read your story. OUCH! I hope the hurt goes away quickly. This is what happens when we, Moms especially, do our multi-tasking feats. You seem to have recovered quite nicely! Using the sweatshirt to pick up the spill and even coming up with a plan for the pants.
OH Naomi, I am so sorry you hurt your hand!!! Healing takes much longer then we think it will which makes us more susceptible to reinjuring ourselves!!! No more cleaning for you :)!!!! Love-Tara
Ouch! I hope you didn't do any permanent damage. Here's to feeling better faster!
Jax
Oh Naomi - I'm so sorry, that sounds like it must have hurt a lot!! Take it easy and I'm sending you get-well hugs too!!
Post a Comment