Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Girls Night Out

So Friday night I had the best time with some other mom's from school. There were 10 of us in all. We went to La Maison Gourmet (http://www.lamaisongourmet.net/ ) for wine tasting. This shop is right on Lake Mission Viejo. We sat outback overlooking the lake.
We tasted 6 wines from Italy, France and Germany and had a nice cheese plate along with bread, patte, meats...... It was great and all for $30. I ended up buying 2 bottles of wine to bring home.
This shop is amazing and I want to get back there to get some more cheese and meats from their deli counter. Lot's of gift ideas as well.

When I got home I didn't feel like going to bed (even though I needed to be up early). I poured myself a glass of wine from a nice bottle I had found earlier at Trader Joes. I dug around as I also wanted some cheese, etc.... I found some cheese sticks in the fridge, the remaining trail mix from Henrys, and a bag of pistachio, fig and pumpkin seed mix from Trader Joes. So, with my wine, cheese stick, trail mix and nuts, I plopped myself down on the couch to finish off the evening and ended up sharing the cheese stick with the dog. Ended up falling asleep and waking up 2 hours later.

Well, hey, it was a great evening afterall. Good to get out with the girls and have a nice night out and a good nap on the couch. ! Can't wait for the next night out. And a big thank you and hug to Julie for organizing this night.

No comments: