Last night around 9:30 I heard helicopters, went out back and could see new flames on the hills.
Air strikes can not take place when it is dark. All the fire crews can do is to stand by homes to protect them from burning. At least today there is no wind here.
Now today I hear the fire is back to 30% contained. The coverage on the news is not as extensive and I don't really know much about the other fires.
Kids are enjoying the day off and were able to sleep in. All games have been cancelled for this weekend and will be re scheduled for another day. No practices for the rest of this week. I hope the school stays closed next week. The kids have been running back and forth from the neighbors with their shirts over their faces. Doing my best to keep them here or there with minimal time outside.
Here are some pictures I lifted from http://www.ocregister.com/ as well as some others blogs.
An eerie sunrise
to the right is one map of the fire area

on this big map ~ we live off Los Alisos wich is not named but the street to the right of El Toro. There is a road below the toll road (241) and we live near that. Right below the purple area is where the kids and I went the other night. It was not evacuated at that time. Going to the
This picture to the left "Thank You" says so much. No need to say anything else
Picture above is an ariel view from several days ago.








No comments:
Post a Comment