The closest fire to us is the Santiago fire in Irvine and Foothill Ranch. It's about 4 miles from where we live. But we are safe here, not in a highly dry brush area. There is a lot for the fire to get through before it would get to us here.
I was up there around 11 am and could see the flames on the hills behind the shopping center. After listening to the news on the intenet, I was getting worried so I put the dog in the car and headed to Foothill Ranch again. There are a lot of people in the parking lot watching the fire. But the fire in the hills, that I could see, is out, just smoldering and a lot of smoke! There were also about 5 fire trucks from other cities lined up along one street ready. Thank you!!
I have 2 tv news channels on and listening to a news station on the internet. There is voluntary evacuation for some areas in Foothill Ranch. A local minimum security jail has been evacuated due to smoke. Fire fighters can not fight this fire from the air due to the wind, but they are doing their best from the ground. The kids school is even farther away from the fire and we were told the kids would stay inside today due to the high winds and the smoke.
Please say prayers for all the fire fighters and other safety personnell as well as the residents in the areas where the fires are!!








No comments:
Post a Comment