This morning seemed like a normal Saturday morning. By normal, I mean no smoke lingering in the air. The sky was overcast, but not smoky and it actually didn't really smell outside. Evelyn and I headed out to do some volunteer clean up. Well, I guess we didn't have all the facts right, a passed around email, and ended up not volunteering.
So, instead we drove around. We drove up El Toro road to Ridgeline ( as far as we could get). The street was blocked off by police cars and we could see many fire trucks at Cooks Corner. We turned left on Ridgeline and headed into Portola Hills. Thank you signs everywhere!! Was amazing to see. At the top of one ridge we had a very good view of where the fire had burned in the hills. And what was so amazing was to see all the houses that had not been touched. What an amazing job the fire crews did to keep the fires only burning the brush and not any homes in that area.
We wound our way back to Glenn Ranch Rd and could see where the fire had burned there (cross from Oakley). It still smells like smoke in that area and I am sure it will for quite awhile. Of course we had to hit Starbucks and waved at the fire trucks leaving the parking lot.
So, what were we to do on a day with no games or anything else to do???? Scrapbook Expo! My neighbor Julia emailed Friday night to see if I wanted to go so I jumped on that chance. So, Julia, Evelyn and myself headed to Ontario for the Scrapbook Expo. Greg went to his friend Aidan's to play.
The Expo was not super crowded and this one is smaller than Orange County. Evelyn did some make and takes : cute notebook and a very cute button bracelet. I had to do most of the work on the bracelet as it involved crocheting wire with a very fine crochet needle and very poor lighting. But it turned out cute. We got some good deals and I think I used pretty good will power and only bought things I know I could use and told myself I will use now, rather than years from now.
After dinner the kids and I hit the new Target. The layout is pretty much the same as Foothill Ranch. I like the outside of the store and the parking lot. Wonder what is going to go in the empty lot next door??? We bought some new games and just stuff. Can't leave Target without buying just stuff.
At home we played a competitive game of Disney Scene It. And who won??? Yep, that would be me, Diva Mom. Go Diva Mom It's your birthday ( Judy - not really!!) Pretty fun game.
Everyone is asleep except for me. Seems to be the case as I have turned into a night owl as I really can't go to sleep anyways. Going to watch some shows I have saved on the DVR. Very exciting night for me!!
I think this was the most normal day we have had all week. It was nice. And nice to be able to go back outside again. Cars are a mess!! I did do some cleaning yesterday and Tom did some today.
I know the fire is not fully contained yet and is moving to the East. I hope the little bit of rain we had today was helpful. We could only see a little glow behind the mountains last night. I don't see any tonight but I can see the outline of the mountains which means no smoke. It does smell outside again. But it usually does at night.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment