Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Fires

We can no longer see the hills burning, but the smoke and ash is still everywhere. I went outside this morning and got a good breath of the smoke. Ashes are all around too.

Good news for us is the fire is burning towards Riverside County. Bad news for those in Riverside County and other OC towns that way, like Anaheim Hills. Since the fire is burning into the Cleveland National Forest the California Department of Forestry is now involved too.



My neighbor sent these to me yesterday. I am not sure where the one on the left was taken from. The one on the right is overlooking Lake Mission Viejo and the hills behind it. And these are the hills we could see from our back yard. I did take pictures but it was hard to see.

This morning there are people out walking their dogs, walking them selves and I even saw someone jogging past my house. Still to smoky for me. The kids got some homework done and have already dashed to the neighbors house. Not sure what we will do this afternoon. No practice. I feel like going somewhere but don't want to drive too far and drive in the traffic. So, who knows. Probably will go to the new Target that opened up. I now have 4 Targets within 5 miles of me. Go figure! I wish it was a Costco. Oh well. Can't have it all. Yesterday afternoon we went to the movies and saw The Game Plan. Cute movie. And let me tell you, it was packed! We saw a few guys from Greg's football team there too. No other kids movies out now so maybe a movie marathon at home.

Hope everyone out there is staying safe and staying indoors.

1 comment:

Tara Cross Beam said...

I am definitely breathing a sigh of relief the fires are going East....I do feel for the people whose homes are still threatened!

We say "Sydney White" and the movie theatre wasn't busy at all. Which surprised me. We went at 4:00 pm. Maybe it is because the movie has been out awhile. John wasn't too sure about going to a "girl" movie. He laughed a few times though...

HAGD! Tara