Friday dropped Evy at her friends for a slumber birthday party. Greg and I went to practice (I ran again - yeah me) then to BR afterwards for some ice cream.
Saturday cleaned house (Greg was a huge help too) and put away most of the stuff that has been deposited in the fam room for the last few weeks. Off to get Evy, then to Judy's to look at the bunk bed, just what Greg wants, then to Sports Authority to get even more football gear (expensive sport!) and the kids birthday present - a trampoline!! Back home for lunch and finishing laundry (I had a huge to do list for Saturday). Greg and Grandma headed to Toys R Us so Greg could browse for his b-day present. Headed to church and after church had dinner and ice cream on the patio. What a turn out and it was so fun!!
Saturday night my mom came over, kids went bed, mom and I took a nap and then were up at midnight to see if we could see the meteor shower between 12 am and 1 am. We laid a blanket in the back yard, got the kids up (Evy fell back asleep) and stayed out till 1 am watching for shooting stars. We saw about 7 of them. So cool. If we were someplace darker we could have seen more. But it was still neat to see and relaxing laying out side - in our sweatshirts and covered with blankets in August (go figure)
Sunday morning the kids and I started setting up the trampoline and got as far as we could by ourselves. So the frame and legs are put together, now we just need the jumpy part and the directions say we need 3 adults. Then the net has to go up. We also drained the pool cleaned up the back yard.
Headed to our friend Korene's house. Her kids are Kahley and Justin. Korene, Michele and I were all in a play group and met when our kids were much younger. Think the girls were about 4 at the time. We don't get together as often as we used to but when we do the kids just go about like they saw each other last week and it's fun for us mom's to sit and catch up. Now that the kids are older we can start and finish a conversation without being interrupted quite as much. Thank you Korene for the fun afternoon!!!
We headed to my brother's house after Korene's house. Kids were going to hang out there (Tom was at a conference in Oceanside and then going to visit his friend Jeff in Oceanside).
Although my weekend was totally fun, this was the best part - Mama Mia!! My mom, sis in law Chrissy and I were headed off to see Mama Mia at the Preforming Arts Center. We went to Scott's Seafood for an early dinner before the show (love that restaurant). Chrissy and I had a delicious pomegranate martini and also grilled shrimp skewer with veggies and rice. My mom had the lemon drop and a fish soup (can't spell it)
Now, Mama Mia was excellent! A very fun show. I remembered more Abba songs than I thought I would. The cast was great and we had such a fun time. At the end of the show, the cast came back out and sang "Mama Mia" and then, dressed in the totally 70's costumes the rest came out and sang "Dancing Queen". Well for this we just had to stand up and dance as was about half of the audience. Totally fun!! If you have not seen Mama Mia, go, fun show and great music. Have to get the sound track.
Well, back to the normal routine today (Monday) Kids are at camp at Cal Elite and were excited to go. Then back to the football schedule. Scrimmage on Saturday. I will post more about it later.Have a super week and hope you all had a great weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment