Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I did it

I did it. Yep I did it!
What is it you ask?
Well, I made a iced chai tea latte, non fat please, just like Starbucks! Yum -O-O-O.
You see, I love Starbucks. I don't like coffee but love chai tea, hot, iced. Love it. So I started experimenting to see if I could recreate my fav drink. And I finally did this summer.
Want to know the secret?
Ok, I will tell you. I like to share. And since this is my secret and not someone elses, I will share with you.
Mix equal parts Organic Tazo Chai (tazo tea latte) this is the liquid in the box with non fat skim milk and pour it over lots of crushed ice. I like the Tazo chai tea from Henrys and prefer the organic non fat skim milk also from Henrys (or Whole Foods market). That's all there is to it. And for less than the price of 2 ventis I can make an entire weeks worth. Did I say Yum-o-o-o?
Now for the hot, the best I have found is the Safeway brand powdered spiced chai at Von's. Mixed with super hot water is just perfect. Trader Joe's also has a pretty good blend too. I stock up when they go on sale at Von's.
So, if you are a Chai tea drinker, try it and let me know what you think.
I also like the chai tea bags to brew hot tea and it even makes a good iced tea. Oh, idea..... I drank the rest of my iced tea last night so will brew up a batch of chai iced tea today. A lot less calories than the stuff I prefer.

No daily thought today from Real Simple :( I need one today. Mid week crisis. So, I browsed through DD's list (DD is my dad) and found a good one for today. He sent me another one of his stories that he sent into a magazine. I can just picture his brothers perfecting this stunt. Can't wait to read them all in print one day!

“Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.” John Wesley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a coffee, tea, chai tea or any kind of tea drinker including iced!

Jax

Michele said...

Thanks Naomi - can't wait to try it....sounds yummy!!!

Love the quote too, that is what I try and live by, but I love how it's written :)