Saturday, August 18, 2007

Football highlights first scrimmage

In the heat of a Saturday afternoon, Greg had his first scrimmage. He is on the gold team (gold and blue teams). They were the second team in to play defense. Interesting scrimmage. Most of the coaches were on the field. The guys played 10 plays and then switched teams. So, after 20 plays it was half time.

Greg had some really good hits. I didn't capture all of them but took 55 pix and did get some pretty good ones. One hit that I wish I had was when Greg raced around the pack and got in front of the running back and full on forward tackled him. Hear the crowd say, "it's Murphy again".

Don't really know the score as no one was keeping score. And Greg knew 2 boys from the other team. Goes to school with them. Greg's team is white with blue helmets. They are wearing their practice uniforms so don't have any numbers on them. I knew Greg as he was wearing black arm guards and I have gotten to know the way he stands on the field.

Here are some of Greg's favorite pictures:


Greg gets the tackle
Another tackle before the goal line. Greg gave a good chase and got him!
Greg carrying the ball. He got pretty far before getting tackled.

We came home after the scrimmage and rested up for about an hour before heading out for the team picnic. That was fun! Got to sit and chat with other parents while the boys played flea ball, water balloon toss, baseball and just got to goof around and hang out.

Came home exhausted. But we still did some jumping out back. Found many bruises on Greg's arm.

Well, off to bed. My eyes are very droopy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad he did well. Is he liking it any more now?

Jaq