Thursday, December 4, 2008

Surprisingly Wicked


I have just been full of surprises lately. Mostly I like surprising the family and not letting them onto things I am doing or places I am taking them to.
Evelyn has been bugging and bugging and bugging me to see this certain play. I kept putting it of for later. But finally decided it had to happen now or it never would be.
So, last Tuesday (11-25) afternoon, I told Evelyn to get dressed in something nice. No jeans, tennis shoes, or sweatshirts. Nice. So, she wore the only skirt she has, a pair of black leggings, her usual tank top with a cute cropped jacket over it, a scarf and no tennis shoes. I told her a little fib that Grandma wanted us to go someplace in Los Angeles (L.A.) with her. Wouldn't tell her anymore.



We had an early dinner and were driving down the street before 5:00. We immediately hit traffic. Even the carpool lane was not moving very well. We finally got to our destination almost 3 hours later. Had just enough time to get our tickets from Will Call and find our seats. The entire way there Evelyn kept guessing where we were going, guessed the right answer many times but didn't want to know until we got there.
Well, we pulled into the parking lot across the street. Evelyn saw the signs and I think she was still not quite sure what we were doing. But when we finally told her what we were doing boy oh boy was this one excited girl. The entire night and most of Wednesday, she kept thanking me over and over and says she can't wait to go again.

Where did we go? Have you guessed it? I'm sure you have. We saw WICKED at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood. It was an awesome performance. Loved it! I would like to see it again too. Evelyn wants the sound track (hint hint Christmas present). The Pantages Theater is such a neat old theater. And we even walked past many stars on Hollywood Blvd.



Since we pulled up so late I forgot to get my camera from the car. I figured we could take photos after the show. No. It was pouring rain when we got out. Pouring! Plus it was after 11 pm and I was exhausted. It poured rain the entire way home. It was a dreadful drive. We got home around 12:15 am and both Evy and I headed right to bed. (The kids didn't have school this week). But it was worth the almost 3 hour drive to get there and the hour plus drive home in the pouring rain. We had a spectacular time and it was nice to have a nice girls night out.


Here is a nice picute of the Pantages. And below are mine taken from my car in the rain.



If you can see this show, I recommend it. At least read the book. I did and it was a great book too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had so much fun!!!
What a great surprise.
I have heard that the show is outstanind.
Since it was raining AND you forgot your camera it gives you the perfect excuse to go again.
xoxo
Robin